Ask a Question
Notify Me On Question Update
Email this Question
Can you tell me what the adult form is for the weevil that I find in my flour and pasta?
Rate This FAQ
Thanks for your question. You could have a grain/rice weevil (see linkbelow) or a flour beetles (see attached file). I can't say for sure without a subcription/picture/submitted sample. Weevils are a particular type of beetle, but they have a prominent snout that distinguishes them from other beetles. Both grain/rice weevils and flour beetles will go after processed flour, pasta and whole grains. Read more about how to control these beetles and other pantry pests in the attached fact sheet.
Please let me know if you have more questions about this insect problem or others.
Submit Your Suggestion
Other Questions In This Topic
- Does my stored food still have any nutritional value?
- What protein content should my stored wheat have?
- What can I store water in?
- Are jars that have air bubbles in them after bottling, safe?
- Where should I put my food storage?
- How much food should I store?
- When and where do I go to have my pressure canner checked? How often should it be checked?
- how do I store fruits and vegetables?