Ask a Question
Notify Me On Question Update
Email this Question
Can you tell me what the adult form is for the weevil that I find in my flour and pasta?
Rate This FAQ
Thanks for your question. You could have a grain/rice weevil (see linkbelow) or a flour beetles (see attached file). I can't say for sure without a subcription/picture/submitted sample. Weevils are a particular type of beetle, but they have a prominent snout that distinguishes them from other beetles. Both grain/rice weevils and flour beetles will go after processed flour, pasta and whole grains. Read more about how to control these beetles and other pantry pests in the attached fact sheet.
Please let me know if you have more questions about this insect problem or others.
Submit Your Suggestion
Other Questions In This Topic
- What can I store water in?
- What protein content should my stored wheat have?
- Are jars that have air bubbles in them after bottling, safe?
- I just prepared pesto today containing basil, pine nuts, garlic, italian cheeses, and lemon juice, pretty much in that order from largest quantity to smallest. For how long could I keep this in my freezer before the oil will go rancid or the pesto will otherwise be inedible. Seems to me that I kept some a while back for 6 months, and after eating it I got sick, though this could be coincidental.
- This is a food storage question. I have called Iams and Purina re cat food storage. They could not tell me how long I could store their dry food product in an oxygen free envirenment. I would like to store the food in 6 gallon buckets to which an oxygen absorber has been added. I have several members in my ward who are interested in this answer. Do you have any experience with this?
- I would like to find a recipe for canning apple pie filling that is safe for my elevation. I have looked through your web sites to no avail. Please direct me.
- I know that I should add lemon juice to bottled tomatoes and tomato juice, but my husband hates sour stuff. Is there an alternative that isn't sour? Is there a recipe for 'V8' that is more palatable?
- Can you use canned food such as soups and vegetables past their use by date and if so how far past can you use them. How long does home canned fruits keep their nutional value?