Can you tell me what the adult form is for the weevil that I find in my flour and pasta?



Thanks for your question. You could have a grain/rice weevil (see linkbelow) or a flour beetles (see attached file). I can't say for sure without a  subcription/picture/submitted sample. Weevils are a particular type of beetle, but they have a prominent snout that distinguishes them from other beetles. Both grain/rice weevils and flour beetles will go after processed flour, pasta and whole grains. Read more about how to control these beetles and other pantry pests in the attached fact sheet.
Please let me know if you have more questions about this insect problem or others.


Posted on 16 Jan 2008

Erin Hodgson
Extension Entomologist

Other Questions In This Topic