Ask a Question
Notify Me On Question Update
Email this Question
Can you tell me what the adult form is for the weevil that I find in my flour and pasta?
Rate This FAQ
Thanks for your question. You could have a grain/rice weevil (see linkbelow) or a flour beetles (see attached file). I can't say for sure without a subcription/picture/submitted sample. Weevils are a particular type of beetle, but they have a prominent snout that distinguishes them from other beetles. Both grain/rice weevils and flour beetles will go after processed flour, pasta and whole grains. Read more about how to control these beetles and other pantry pests in the attached fact sheet.
Please let me know if you have more questions about this insect problem or others.
Submit Your Suggestion
Other Questions In This Topic
- Do weevil turn into moths? If not where would moths come from in my food storage room? and how do you get rid of them?
- I just inherited a pressure canner. It's pretty well used and I'm a little nervous about using it. I've never done pressure canning before. Is there a place where I can get it checked out for safety, and how do I learn how to use it.
- How long does pectin keep if the box has not been opened?
- I just prepared pesto today containing basil, pine nuts, garlic, italian cheeses, and lemon juice, pretty much in that order from largest quantity to smallest. For how long could I keep this in my freezer before the oil will go rancid or the pesto will otherwise be inedible. Seems to me that I kept some a while back for 6 months, and after eating it I got sick, though this could be coincidental.
- I would like to find a recipe for canning apple pie filling that is safe for my elevation. I have looked through your web sites to no avail. Please direct me.
- I have tried pressure canning chicken 4 times now. I've done 2 batches cooked chicken and 2 batches raw chicken. All 4 times most of the water cooked out of the jars. Is this supposed to happen and is the chicken safe for us to eat?
- how do I store fruits and vegetables?
- How to store fesh oranges to last as long as possible?