Ask a Question
Notify Me On Question Update
Email this Question
How to store fesh oranges to last as long as possible?
Rate This FAQ
Oranges can be kept at room temperature. The start to decline in quality within a week. They will still be good until mold pierces their skin and spoils the inside. This can happen quicker if there is moisture present. Some fancy mail order companies wrap the orange in wax paper to keep out moisture. This can help some. I am not aware of any tricks to prolong storage time. You can store oranges in the refrigerator crisper for 2-4 weeks. Again the quality will be good until mold grows. Orange peel, juice or flesh can be frozen. Frozen citrus will last for 6-12 months. Oranges cannot be successfully canned in any way, except marmalade. It becomes bitter when canned.
Submit Your Suggestion
Other Questions In This Topic
- I know that I should add lemon juice to bottled tomatoes and tomato juice, but my husband hates sour stuff. Is there an alternative that isn't sour? Is there a recipe for 'V8' that is more palatable?
- I've read that dry pack food storage products expire within x amount of years depending on the product. My parents purchased a LARGE quantity (over 100 cases of #10 cans) of assorted dry pack 28 years ago from Desert Supply Company; wheat, cornmeal, powdered milk, eggs, instant potatoes etc. I'm having a hard time coming to terms with throwing it all out. Can you please confirm that this is wasted product or is there anything salvagable.. and if so for how much longer would it be good? It has been stored in a dry/dark cool basement.
- Is it safe to bottle butter? I went to a class and they said it was "canning butter" yet we didn't process it.
- How long can I keep stored foods?
- I would like to find a recipe for canning apple pie filling that is safe for my elevation. I have looked through your web sites to no avail. Please direct me.
- How long does pectin keep if the box has not been opened?
- How do I keep insects out of stored grain?
- What protein content should my stored wheat have?