Ask a Question
Notify Me On Question Update
Email this Question
How to store fesh oranges to last as long as possible?
Rate This FAQ
Oranges can be kept at room temperature. The start to decline in quality within a week. They will still be good until mold pierces their skin and spoils the inside. This can happen quicker if there is moisture present. Some fancy mail order companies wrap the orange in wax paper to keep out moisture. This can help some. I am not aware of any tricks to prolong storage time. You can store oranges in the refrigerator crisper for 2-4 weeks. Again the quality will be good until mold grows. Orange peel, juice or flesh can be frozen. Frozen citrus will last for 6-12 months. Oranges cannot be successfully canned in any way, except marmalade. It becomes bitter when canned.
Submit Your Suggestion
Other Questions In This Topic
- How much food should I store?
- How do I keep insects out of stored grain?
- This is a food storage question. I have called Iams and Purina re cat food storage. They could not tell me how long I could store their dry food product in an oxygen free envirenment. I would like to store the food in 6 gallon buckets to which an oxygen absorber has been added. I have several members in my ward who are interested in this answer. Do you have any experience with this?
- I used the approved recipe for canning apple pie filling, including leaving a 1 inch headspace. However, after taking out the jars I noticed that filling had bubbled up out of the jars during processing. The lids seem sealed, but how can I be sure they are safe? Should I have left a larger headspace than 1 inch???
- Can I use bay leaves or nails in my wheat to protect from insects?
- I've read that dry pack food storage products expire within x amount of years depending on the product. My parents purchased a LARGE quantity (over 100 cases of #10 cans) of assorted dry pack 28 years ago from Desert Supply Company; wheat, cornmeal, powdered milk, eggs, instant potatoes etc. I'm having a hard time coming to terms with throwing it all out. Can you please confirm that this is wasted product or is there anything salvagable.. and if so for how much longer would it be good? It has been stored in a dry/dark cool basement.
- Can you tell me what the adult form is for the weevil that I find in my flour and pasta?
- I would like to find a recipe for canning apple pie filling that is safe for my elevation. I have looked through your web sites to no avail. Please direct me.