Ask a Question
Notify Me On Question Update
Email this Question
I have a good number of my lawn customers that have a large amount of burmuda grass coming into their bluegrass lawns. I have use for 3 years a product call turflon ester, A Monterey product, containing Triclopyr at 61.6% at up to double the rate. I have been applying 3 applications per season with a backpack sprayer to spot spray the patches in the bluegrass. I am disappointed in my results. Please reply as to what to do to eradicate this problem as I think that is is very critical. I see it in most of the approx. 70 lawns that I treat. Where is it coming from??
Rate This FAQ
First, for your safety, I would caution you against using any product at up
double the rate. Recommended rates of pesticide use are made for your
safety as well as the control of weeds, diseases, etc.
Second, I understand your concerns about bermudagrass control in lawns.
It's a tricky situation to deal with, and very common here in Utah. In some
cases, I have seen the problem result when secondary irrigation water has
carried seed onto a property. At other times, seed can blow in from
surrounding areas or be dropped by animals.
In any event, the active ingredient that I would recommend for you is
fenoxoprop combined with early spring and fall applications of ethofumesate.
However, complete control of bermudagrass is hard to achieve with any
selective herbicide and non-selective herbicides may be required in very
Submit Your Suggestion
Other Questions In This Topic
- Reveille grass seed. How good is this type of seed for the West Jordan area(Oquirrh shadows area)?
- What can I do now to prevent weeds in my lawn?
- How do I keep my lawn green during the hot summer months?
- Is it workable to grow scrub oak from acorns, and if so, I'd appreciate direction. I live near Foothill Drive in SLC.
- When is the best time to plant my grass in the spring? And how much fertilizer should I put on if any?
- What is a pre-emergent and a post-emergent?
- How can I attract hummingbirds to my yard?
- Do you test soil?