Ask a Question
Notify Me On Question Update
Email this Question
I have a good number of my lawn customers that have a large amount of burmuda grass coming into their bluegrass lawns. I have use for 3 years a product call turflon ester, A Monterey product, containing Triclopyr at 61.6% at up to double the rate. I have been applying 3 applications per season with a backpack sprayer to spot spray the patches in the bluegrass. I am disappointed in my results. Please reply as to what to do to eradicate this problem as I think that is is very critical. I see it in most of the approx. 70 lawns that I treat. Where is it coming from??
Rate This FAQ
First, for your safety, I would caution you against using any product at up
double the rate. Recommended rates of pesticide use are made for your
safety as well as the control of weeds, diseases, etc.
Second, I understand your concerns about bermudagrass control in lawns.
It's a tricky situation to deal with, and very common here in Utah. In some
cases, I have seen the problem result when secondary irrigation water has
carried seed onto a property. At other times, seed can blow in from
surrounding areas or be dropped by animals.
In any event, the active ingredient that I would recommend for you is
fenoxoprop combined with early spring and fall applications of ethofumesate.
However, complete control of bermudagrass is hard to achieve with any
selective herbicide and non-selective herbicides may be required in very
Submit Your Suggestion
Other Questions In This Topic
- I live in Toquerville, 20 miles north of St. George, but still just as hot. I'd like to plant a medium to large tree in my front yard to shade the garage a little. There is no grass, no regular water. I will be watering it by hand/hose until it's established & then would like something that could tolerate hot, dry summers. Maybe the Texas Honey Mesquite or African Sumac. Do you have any suggestions for me?
- Do you have some advice on how to control mallow weeds? This has been an ongoing problem that even the powerful herbicides can only contain for just a few weeks. They always come back and completely overrun my garden. Any advice?
- There are brown spots in my lawn every summer, some are round and others are ribbon shaped. What can I do to prevent this problem?
- What is a pre-emergent and a post-emergent?
- How can I attract hummingbirds to my yard?
- My roses and boxelder trees have sticky (sap) leaves, what is causing this problem?
- I am purchasing a 30 year old home with three large (15+ feet) blue spruce trees growing in the front yard. I would prefer not to cut them down, is it possible to transplant a large blue spruce in Utah? If so, who would do it and who would want them?
- Do I need to prune my trees this spring?