Ask a Question
Notify Me On Question Update
Email this Question
I have a good number of my lawn customers that have a large amount of burmuda grass coming into their bluegrass lawns. I have use for 3 years a product call turflon ester, A Monterey product, containing Triclopyr at 61.6% at up to double the rate. I have been applying 3 applications per season with a backpack sprayer to spot spray the patches in the bluegrass. I am disappointed in my results. Please reply as to what to do to eradicate this problem as I think that is is very critical. I see it in most of the approx. 70 lawns that I treat. Where is it coming from??
Rate This FAQ
First, for your safety, I would caution you against using any product at up
double the rate. Recommended rates of pesticide use are made for your
safety as well as the control of weeds, diseases, etc.
Second, I understand your concerns about bermudagrass control in lawns.
It's a tricky situation to deal with, and very common here in Utah. In some
cases, I have seen the problem result when secondary irrigation water has
carried seed onto a property. At other times, seed can blow in from
surrounding areas or be dropped by animals.
In any event, the active ingredient that I would recommend for you is
fenoxoprop combined with early spring and fall applications of ethofumesate.
However, complete control of bermudagrass is hard to achieve with any
selective herbicide and non-selective herbicides may be required in very
Submit Your Suggestion
Other Questions In This Topic
- I am in West Valley city, and for the past 3 years my grass has looked really good, and last year, the entire front park lane died, and I now have large areas in the front yard that are dead as well. I have heard of grubs, however I have no idea how to identify what is going on with the grass or how to treat it. You can pull up larges patches of grass easily, there don't appear to be any roots in some areas and I would like my grass to be pretty again. What can you recommend?
- When is the best time to plant my grass in the spring? And how much fertilizer should I put on if any?
- How can I conserve water and still have a nice lawn?
- I have several Dwarf Blue Arctic Willows in my yard. This year they were full of some kind of wasp or bee. I waited until winter and the leaves dropped off to see if there was a hive or nest and there does not seem to be one. In looking for the nest I noticed some small black bugs on the wood. What should I do, if anything and are the two pests related in any way?
- What trees are recommended for West Jordan (clay soil).
- Can you suggest some hardy perennials for my landscape?
- Do you have tips for safely removing snow from sidewalks and driveways?
- I have a stand of scrub oak trees in my front yard with large growths on the trunks and branches on the trees. Do you know what this is and what I can do about them?