Ask a Question
Notify Me On Question Update
Email this Question
I have a good number of my lawn customers that have a large amount of burmuda grass coming into their bluegrass lawns. I have use for 3 years a product call turflon ester, A Monterey product, containing Triclopyr at 61.6% at up to double the rate. I have been applying 3 applications per season with a backpack sprayer to spot spray the patches in the bluegrass. I am disappointed in my results. Please reply as to what to do to eradicate this problem as I think that is is very critical. I see it in most of the approx. 70 lawns that I treat. Where is it coming from??
Rate This FAQ
First, for your safety, I would caution you against using any product at up
double the rate. Recommended rates of pesticide use are made for your
safety as well as the control of weeds, diseases, etc.
Second, I understand your concerns about bermudagrass control in lawns.
It's a tricky situation to deal with, and very common here in Utah. In some
cases, I have seen the problem result when secondary irrigation water has
carried seed onto a property. At other times, seed can blow in from
surrounding areas or be dropped by animals.
In any event, the active ingredient that I would recommend for you is
fenoxoprop combined with early spring and fall applications of ethofumesate.
However, complete control of bermudagrass is hard to achieve with any
selective herbicide and non-selective herbicides may be required in very
Submit Your Suggestion
Other Questions In This Topic
- What is anthracnose?
- Spotted spurge is taking over my lawn. What can I do now, in these hot August temperatures, to knock back this weed problem?
- When do I spray my lawn for weeds?
- Do you have tips for edging my lawn?
- Our scrub oak is taking over our view, but efforts to trim have resulted in visible cuts and dead branches near the cuts. Do we need a professional, or can it be done well by a lay person?
- What herbicide/killer do we use to eradicate "salt cedar" & cheat grass??
- Will hydrangias and dogwood trees grow in South Jordan?
- I have a stand of scrub oak trees in my front yard with large growths on the trunks and branches on the trees. Do you know what this is and what I can do about them?