Ask a Question
Notify Me On Question Update
Email this Question
I have a good number of my lawn customers that have a large amount of burmuda grass coming into their bluegrass lawns. I have use for 3 years a product call turflon ester, A Monterey product, containing Triclopyr at 61.6% at up to double the rate. I have been applying 3 applications per season with a backpack sprayer to spot spray the patches in the bluegrass. I am disappointed in my results. Please reply as to what to do to eradicate this problem as I think that is is very critical. I see it in most of the approx. 70 lawns that I treat. Where is it coming from??
Rate This FAQ
First, for your safety, I would caution you against using any product at up
double the rate. Recommended rates of pesticide use are made for your
safety as well as the control of weeds, diseases, etc.
Second, I understand your concerns about bermudagrass control in lawns.
It's a tricky situation to deal with, and very common here in Utah. In some
cases, I have seen the problem result when secondary irrigation water has
carried seed onto a property. At other times, seed can blow in from
surrounding areas or be dropped by animals.
In any event, the active ingredient that I would recommend for you is
fenoxoprop combined with early spring and fall applications of ethofumesate.
However, complete control of bermudagrass is hard to achieve with any
selective herbicide and non-selective herbicides may be required in very
Submit Your Suggestion
Other Questions In This Topic
- My roses and boxelder trees have sticky (sap) leaves, what is causing this problem?
- I am wondering if I have some sort of fungus in my lawn.
- Is There Any Way To Eliminate Borers That Leave What Looks Like Sawdust At The Base Of Our Aspen Trees?
- Could you pleae identify the pine-like tree on the north side of our home? The needles are on two sides of the twig rather than on all four sides. They (the needles) are very soft and are dark green. At this time of the year (Sep), the trees bear red berries. The trees are approximately 35 years old and are 12-14 feet tall. Thank you very much for your assistance!
- when should i apply a preemregent to control the weed oxalis that is in my lawn? can you reccomend a particular product?
- How do I keep my lawn green during the hot summer months?
- I am purchasing a 30 year old home with three large (15+ feet) blue spruce trees growing in the front yard. I would prefer not to cut them down, is it possible to transplant a large blue spruce in Utah? If so, who would do it and who would want them?
- What is a pre-emergent and a post-emergent?