Ask a Question
Notify Me On Question Update
Email this Question
how do I store fruits and vegetables?
Rate This FAQ
Here is a link to the National Center for Home Food Preservation. They have a page with resources on storing foods safely. Several linked publications can help you with storing fruits and vegetables.
Submit Your Suggestion
Other Questions In This Topic
- Can powdered milk have a problem with mold?
- I just prepared pesto today containing basil, pine nuts, garlic, italian cheeses, and lemon juice, pretty much in that order from largest quantity to smallest. For how long could I keep this in my freezer before the oil will go rancid or the pesto will otherwise be inedible. Seems to me that I kept some a while back for 6 months, and after eating it I got sick, though this could be coincidental.
- I would like to find a recipe for canning apple pie filling that is safe for my elevation. I have looked through your web sites to no avail. Please direct me.
- Is it save to eat weevil?
- How to store fesh oranges to last as long as possible?
- I grew up eating green beans which were pressure-canned at home. When my mother heated them for a meal, she brought them to a boil then removed the lid and let them boil for at least a minute with the lid off. She said this was necessary to be safe. Is it necessary or was that just something passed down from before pressure canning was available?
- I have tried pressure canning chicken 4 times now. I've done 2 batches cooked chicken and 2 batches raw chicken. All 4 times most of the water cooked out of the jars. Is this supposed to happen and is the chicken safe for us to eat?
- When and where do I go to have my pressure canner checked? How often should it be checked?