Ask a Question
Notify Me On Question Update
Email this Question
how do I store fruits and vegetables?
Rate This FAQ
Here is a link to the National Center for Home Food Preservation. They have a page with resources on storing foods safely. Several linked publications can help you with storing fruits and vegetables.
Submit Your Suggestion
Other Questions In This Topic
- I have tried pressure canning chicken 4 times now. I've done 2 batches cooked chicken and 2 batches raw chicken. All 4 times most of the water cooked out of the jars. Is this supposed to happen and is the chicken safe for us to eat?
- How much food should I store?
- Are jars that have air bubbles in them after bottling, safe?
- All of the recipes I can find for canning green beans require a pressure canner. Is there a safe way to can green beans using a boiler canner?
- I have a question regarding commercially canned tomatoes. I have read on your website that the nutritional value of vegetables may not be maintained after the expiration date. I have heard somewhere that tomatoes are an exception, and there could be a problem with the tomatoes that would not be able to be detected, and that they should just be discarded at the expiration date for safety's sake. Is this true?
- Can you use canned food such as soups and vegetables past their use by date and if so how far past can you use them. How long does home canned fruits keep their nutional value?
- When canning dry beans is it necessary to rehydrate by soaking them before you can them?
- When and where do I go to have my pressure canner checked? How often should it be checked?