Ask a Question
Notify Me On Question Update
Email this Question
Where do cherry trees grow in Utah?
Rate This FAQ
According to the Utah Horticultural Association, (http://www.utahfruit.com/history.php), most Utah cherries are grown in northern Utah. Here is an excerpt from that webpage:
"Utah County continues to lead the state with over fifty percent of the fruit trees in production, and that county produces the majority of all major fruits except apricots. Box Elder County is the second largest producer, followed by Weber and Davis counties. Cache, Washington, Grand, and Emery are the most important counties located outside of the Wasatch Front area that also have some commercial fruit production. Sanpete and Salt Lake counties are no longer major fruit producers. Fruits are important in several localities throughout the state but only a small percentage of these are processed for the larger market.
Submit Your Suggestion
Other Questions In This Topic
- What is the best way to tell when a d'Anjou pear is ready to harvest?
- We bought an apple tree to plant on arbor day,but still haven't got to planting it. I've tried to keep it watered and in the sun, but the poor thing is struggling. The leaves appear to be dying on the ends. Will it still survive if we get it in the ground? Also can it be planted in an area that gets a lot of water? It is a Braeburn tree.
- I have a grove of plum trees that make a nice addition to the landscape, but too much fruit is a problem. Is there something to treat the tree with so it doesn't produce fruit?
- I just found black spots on some of the peaches on my peach tree. I cut one peach open and the pit split in half really easily and there were small redish and black spots in the pit. I was wondering what are they, and if there's anything I can do about it?
- I had my apple tree pruned this spring and ever since then apple suckers have been coming up all over my yard; especially in my grass. Nothing I've sprayed seems to kill off the suckers, including round-up and sucker stopper. What do you recommend to erradicate apple suckers?
- Can GF-120 be used by home gardeners to control Cherry fruit fly? How should it be applied?
- This is the same question I ask every year. What is the best time to pick golden delicious apples near the Hilcrest School area in Logan.? Two, what is the best way to store apples when all I have is a regrigerator in the garage? Thanks for responding to my questions.
- What dwarf nectarine (or semi-dwarf) will grow well in SL County (on the East Bench)? Also, how much space will it need when fully mature?