Ask a Question
Notify Me On Question Update
Email this Question
Can you substitute cooking oil for shortening/lard in a cake recipe in equal parts?
Rate This FAQ
The substitution for a cake would be in equal parts. You may want to cut back on fat and replace half with oil and half with applesauce. The moisture of the cake will be equivalent.
There are times when you can't replace shortening/butter in a recipe ---- pie crust.
Submit Your Suggestion
Other Questions In This Topic
- Are Artificial Sweeteners Safe?
- How can I encourage nutritious eating habits in my preschooler?
- Do habanero peppers ripen on the vine?
- Is it safe to store food in their cans in the refrigerator?
- Do you have tips to help prevent dehydration?
- How many Tablespoons in a cup, quarts in a peck, etc.?
- What is the nutritional value of pickled vegetables and how much vit C etc is saved?
- What happens if you make and use a product that had weevils? Will you get sick?