Ask a Question
Notify Me On Question Update
Email this Question
Can you substitute cooking oil for shortening/lard in a cake recipe in equal parts?
Rate This FAQ
The substitution for a cake would be in equal parts. You may want to cut back on fat and replace half with oil and half with applesauce. The moisture of the cake will be equivalent.
There are times when you can't replace shortening/butter in a recipe ---- pie crust.
Submit Your Suggestion
Other Questions In This Topic
- Are Artificial Sweeteners Safe?
- How long can I keep leftovers in the refrigerator?
- Would you answer some questions about food irradation?
- How do you read the code on canned goods to determine the expiration date?
- How many tomatoes, potatoes, etc. in a pound?
- How can I ensure that my drinking water is safe?
- How safe are herbal medicines?
- Do you have tips for dealing with lactose intolerance?