Ask a Question
Notify Me On Question Update
Email this Question
I would like to have a live, potted evergreen as my Christmas tree, and then plant it in my yard. Must the decorated tree remain outside? What species of tree would you recommend?
Rate This FAQ
I don't know where you are located, but assuming you are in the colder parts of Utah, relatively few nurseries will have what you want, so you may have to take what you can get. A cold-hardy species of pine, spruce, or fir will be fine (in Utah Scotch, Austrian, or ponderosa pines; blue, Norway, or Dwarf Alberta spruces; white fir; Douglas-fir).
You can bring it indoors, but keep it cool (close heating vents near it & keep it out of the sun), well watered (moist but not water-logged), & only bring it in for a week or two; then put it in the ground in a spot that is shady or leave it in the pot and heavily mulch the root system, then plant in spring.
Submit Your Suggestion
Other Questions In This Topic
- When do I spray my apple tree so my apples dont have worms in them and with what pesticide do I spray them?
- How can I get rid of Bur Buttercup? We have tried poisons over the past few years with little result. This year we tried a pre-emergent with little to no results. What can we do do get rid of them?
- I have some fruit trees in a lawn area that I have been fertilizing with ammonium sulfate, but needed to change to a weed & feed. Is the fruit still safe to eat?
- Do you have the names of companies or individuals who spray fruit trees in the spring and summer to prevent bugs and disease?
- I have Morning glory though out my established lawn, how can I get rid of it?
- I need to have my yard/garden soil tested. Who do I contact? Besides weeds, I am not able to grow any vegetables, no matter how much weeding or watering I do.
- Something is eating my garden. HELP! At first I thought it was snails because there were quite a few holes in the leaves of my beans and squash. Now, there are just skeleton leaves left of half my garden. I have treated for snails with PAX and for other insects with Seven. I have looked for squash bugs but to no avail. I have seen a great many ants and earwigs. Oh, and my tomatoes seem fine. Any tips?
- A PORTION OF MY BACKYARD IS VERY SHADY AND THE GRASS LOOKS SPARSE AND UNHEALTHY. ANY SUGGESTIONS ON WHAT TO DO TO MAKE IS LOOK GOOD AND HEALTHY AGAIN?