Ask a Question
Notify Me On Question Update
Email this Question
I baked a German Chocolate cake yesterday that after baking and cooling slightly, you poke holes and put sweetened condensed milk in the holes, then you put a jar of butterscotch caramel topping on. I forgot to put it in the refrigerator before going to bed. Is is okay to eat? It doesn't have the Cool Whip on top yet.
Rate This FAQ
Unfortunately, no. The cake alone would have been okay, since it is a relatively dry food. Once you add the milk it is no longer dry. Potentially harmful microorganisms might grow in the now moister cake. It would be best to discard the cake and start over. A $5 cake is not worth $1000's in medical bills.
Submit Your Suggestion
Other Questions In This Topic
- How safe are home canned quick breads?
- The power went out, is the food in my refrigerator/freezer still o.k. to eat?
- I am making candy and it isn't working. I heard you need to make an altitude adjustment to your thermometer, how do I do that?
- I found weevil in my flour, I have fruit flies, or there are other pantry pests in my kitchen, what do I do?
- How can I ensure that my drinking water is safe?
- I have a recipe for chili sauce that has tomatoes, onion, sugar, and spices. After it has cooked down, I just put it in hot jars and put the canning lids on. Is that okay, or do I need to process in a boiling water bath?
- How do I keep my family from getting sick from food poisoning?
- Can I have my pumpkin and eat it too?