Ask a Question
Notify Me On Question Update
Email this Question
I baked a German Chocolate cake yesterday that after baking and cooling slightly, you poke holes and put sweetened condensed milk in the holes, then you put a jar of butterscotch caramel topping on. I forgot to put it in the refrigerator before going to bed. Is is okay to eat? It doesn't have the Cool Whip on top yet.
Rate This FAQ
Unfortunately, no. The cake alone would have been okay, since it is a relatively dry food. Once you add the milk it is no longer dry. Potentially harmful microorganisms might grow in the now moister cake. It would be best to discard the cake and start over. A $5 cake is not worth $1000's in medical bills.
Submit Your Suggestion
Other Questions In This Topic
- Would you answer some questions about food irradation?
- Do habanero peppers ripen on the vine?
- How safe are herbal medicines?
- I am making candy and it isn't working. I heard you need to make an altitude adjustment to your thermometer, how do I do that?
- I have a recipe for chili sauce that has tomatoes, onion, sugar, and spices. After it has cooked down, I just put it in hot jars and put the canning lids on. Is that okay, or do I need to process in a boiling water bath?
- I was eating a pear when I noticed a small white worm about 1/4 of an inch long with a black dot on the end or head of it . Am I going to get sick? I was able to see one but not sure if there were 2 and maybe I ate one. What should I do?
- How can I ensure that my drinking water is safe?
- The power went out, is the food in my refrigerator/freezer still o.k. to eat?