Ask a Question
Notify Me On Question Update
Email this Question
I baked a German Chocolate cake yesterday that after baking and cooling slightly, you poke holes and put sweetened condensed milk in the holes, then you put a jar of butterscotch caramel topping on. I forgot to put it in the refrigerator before going to bed. Is is okay to eat? It doesn't have the Cool Whip on top yet.
Rate This FAQ
Unfortunately, no. The cake alone would have been okay, since it is a relatively dry food. Once you add the milk it is no longer dry. Potentially harmful microorganisms might grow in the now moister cake. It would be best to discard the cake and start over. A $5 cake is not worth $1000's in medical bills.
Submit Your Suggestion
Other Questions In This Topic
- Do you have suggestions for nutritious brown bag lunches?
- Is it possible to grow blueberries in Utah County? If so, what do I need to do to help them thrive?
- What is the effect of irradiation on food packaging, especially on p.v.c?
- Do you have recipes for cooking pumpkin?
- I have uncooked steak that's been in the fridge for about 1 week. Is it safe to cook & eat it now?
- Can I use a wood cutting board?
- As I've grown older I've lost my appetite, can I get it back?
- I found weevil in my flour, I have fruit flies, or there are other pantry pests in my kitchen, what do I do?