Ask a Question
Notify Me On Question Update
Email this Question
I baked a German Chocolate cake yesterday that after baking and cooling slightly, you poke holes and put sweetened condensed milk in the holes, then you put a jar of butterscotch caramel topping on. I forgot to put it in the refrigerator before going to bed. Is is okay to eat? It doesn't have the Cool Whip on top yet.
Rate This FAQ
Unfortunately, no. The cake alone would have been okay, since it is a relatively dry food. Once you add the milk it is no longer dry. Potentially harmful microorganisms might grow in the now moister cake. It would be best to discard the cake and start over. A $5 cake is not worth $1000's in medical bills.
Submit Your Suggestion
Other Questions In This Topic
- Does anyone have any idea what a size #2-1/2 can is? I have an old recipe that calls for this size and I am lost! Thanks for your help.
- What's round and orange, has a wicked smile and great health benefits?
- Can you substitute cooking oil for shortening/lard in a cake recipe in equal parts?
- How do you read the code on canned goods to determine the expiration date?
- I am making candy and it isn't working. I heard you need to make an altitude adjustment to your thermometer, how do I do that?
- Do habanero peppers ripen on the vine?
- I heard products with hydrogenated fats are bad for you. What are hydrogenated fats and can I eat them?
- I just prepared chicken and spilled juices on the counter, how do I sanitize the countertop?