Ask a Question
Notify Me On Question Update
Email this Question
I baked a German Chocolate cake yesterday that after baking and cooling slightly, you poke holes and put sweetened condensed milk in the holes, then you put a jar of butterscotch caramel topping on. I forgot to put it in the refrigerator before going to bed. Is is okay to eat? It doesn't have the Cool Whip on top yet.
Rate This FAQ
Unfortunately, no. The cake alone would have been okay, since it is a relatively dry food. Once you add the milk it is no longer dry. Potentially harmful microorganisms might grow in the now moister cake. It would be best to discard the cake and start over. A $5 cake is not worth $1000's in medical bills.
Submit Your Suggestion
Other Questions In This Topic
- I am going out of the country for a few years and will be unable to purchase powdered sugar and also tomato paste where I will be living. Is there a way I can make these things myself using very basic products?
- As I've grown older I've lost my appetite, can I get it back?
- How many tomatoes, potatoes, etc. in a pound?
- Do you have tips to help prevent dehydration?
- I found weevil in my flour, I have fruit flies, or there are other pantry pests in my kitchen, what do I do?
- Do you have tips for dealing with lactose intolerance?
- Can a Person safely eat the head of any venomous snake? If not, why?
- How do I keep my family from getting sick from food poisoning?