Ask a Question
Notify Me On Question Update
Email this Question
I baked a German Chocolate cake yesterday that after baking and cooling slightly, you poke holes and put sweetened condensed milk in the holes, then you put a jar of butterscotch caramel topping on. I forgot to put it in the refrigerator before going to bed. Is is okay to eat? It doesn't have the Cool Whip on top yet.
Rate This FAQ
Unfortunately, no. The cake alone would have been okay, since it is a relatively dry food. Once you add the milk it is no longer dry. Potentially harmful microorganisms might grow in the now moister cake. It would be best to discard the cake and start over. A $5 cake is not worth $1000's in medical bills.
Submit Your Suggestion
Other Questions In This Topic
- How safe are home canned quick breads?
- Are the berries on a Lodense Privet poisonous?
- How can I make sure my eggs are safe?
- Can I use a wood cutting board?
- How can I encourage nutritious eating habits in my preschooler?
- What is the effect of irradiation on food packaging, especially on p.v.c?
- How can I eat healthier at fast food restaurants?
- What can you tell me about the new dietary guidelines?