Ask a Question
Notify Me On Question Update
Email this Question
I baked a German Chocolate cake yesterday that after baking and cooling slightly, you poke holes and put sweetened condensed milk in the holes, then you put a jar of butterscotch caramel topping on. I forgot to put it in the refrigerator before going to bed. Is is okay to eat? It doesn't have the Cool Whip on top yet.
Rate This FAQ
Unfortunately, no. The cake alone would have been okay, since it is a relatively dry food. Once you add the milk it is no longer dry. Potentially harmful microorganisms might grow in the now moister cake. It would be best to discard the cake and start over. A $5 cake is not worth $1000's in medical bills.
Submit Your Suggestion
Other Questions In This Topic
- Can I have my pumpkin and eat it too?
- Would like to know how many drops in one ounce of water equals how many parts per million? Or quart ect.
- I have uncooked steak that's been in the fridge for about 1 week. Is it safe to cook & eat it now?
- I heard products with hydrogenated fats are bad for you. What are hydrogenated fats and can I eat them?
- What is being done to promote healthy eating in schools?
- I was wondering how long to cook a 15 lb beef roast in the oven & at what temperature. Do I need to add water? Cover with foil? Any ideas would be greatly appreciated.
- Is tomato soup and tomato sauce safe to eat if they squirt out of the can when they are opened?
- My turkey brining recipe calls for 4 juniper berries crushed in the brine. Can I use the berries from my yard shrubs for this purpose?