Ask a Question
Notify Me On Question Update
Email this Question
I baked a German Chocolate cake yesterday that after baking and cooling slightly, you poke holes and put sweetened condensed milk in the holes, then you put a jar of butterscotch caramel topping on. I forgot to put it in the refrigerator before going to bed. Is is okay to eat? It doesn't have the Cool Whip on top yet.
Rate This FAQ
Unfortunately, no. The cake alone would have been okay, since it is a relatively dry food. Once you add the milk it is no longer dry. Potentially harmful microorganisms might grow in the now moister cake. It would be best to discard the cake and start over. A $5 cake is not worth $1000's in medical bills.
Submit Your Suggestion
Other Questions In This Topic
- what is the best way to clean whole wheat? I am living in Korea and have purchased some wheat that appears to need cleaning, but I don't know how to do it/
- Do I need to use soap and water to clean fresh fruits and vegetables?
- Can you substitute cooking oil for shortening/lard in a cake recipe in equal parts?
- I want to cover and leave carrots in the ground during the winter. How do I keep mice out of them?
- How long can I keep leftovers in the refrigerator?
- How can I ensure that my drinking water is safe?
- Are the berries on a Lodense Privet poisonous?
- How many Tablespoons in a cup, quarts in a peck, etc.?