Ask a Question
Notify Me On Question Update
Email this Question
I baked a German Chocolate cake yesterday that after baking and cooling slightly, you poke holes and put sweetened condensed milk in the holes, then you put a jar of butterscotch caramel topping on. I forgot to put it in the refrigerator before going to bed. Is is okay to eat? It doesn't have the Cool Whip on top yet.
Rate This FAQ
Unfortunately, no. The cake alone would have been okay, since it is a relatively dry food. Once you add the milk it is no longer dry. Potentially harmful microorganisms might grow in the now moister cake. It would be best to discard the cake and start over. A $5 cake is not worth $1000's in medical bills.
Submit Your Suggestion
Other Questions In This Topic
- I am making candy and it isn't working. I heard you need to make an altitude adjustment to your thermometer, how do I do that?
- How safe are home canned quick breads?
- Would like to know how many drops in one ounce of water equals how many parts per million? Or quart ect.
- Do you have tips on safe food handling techniques?
- The power went out, is the food in my refrigerator/freezer still o.k. to eat?
- Is it possible to grow blueberries in Utah County? If so, what do I need to do to help them thrive?
- Can you substitute cooking oil for shortening/lard in a cake recipe in equal parts?
- I have uncooked steak that's been in the fridge for about 1 week. Is it safe to cook & eat it now?