Ask a Question
Notify Me On Question Update
Email this Question
I baked a German Chocolate cake yesterday that after baking and cooling slightly, you poke holes and put sweetened condensed milk in the holes, then you put a jar of butterscotch caramel topping on. I forgot to put it in the refrigerator before going to bed. Is is okay to eat? It doesn't have the Cool Whip on top yet.
Rate This FAQ
Unfortunately, no. The cake alone would have been okay, since it is a relatively dry food. Once you add the milk it is no longer dry. Potentially harmful microorganisms might grow in the now moister cake. It would be best to discard the cake and start over. A $5 cake is not worth $1000's in medical bills.
Submit Your Suggestion
Other Questions In This Topic
- Would you answer some questions about food irradation?
- Do habanero peppers ripen on the vine?
- How can I encourage nutritious eating habits in my preschooler?
- Do you have a safe tomato salsa recipe that incorporates green peppers?
- Do you have tips for dealing with lactose intolerance?
- How do I get rid of the flour weevils that I have in my kitchen without destroying all of my boxed mixes, etc. I know I've got to spray something but is there anything that will leave the food safe for consumption?
- Is it possible to grow blueberries in Utah County? If so, what do I need to do to help them thrive?
- The nectarines on my tree are not round and smooth; they are lumpy. Is there something I need to do for the tree?