Ask a Question
Notify Me On Question Update
Email this Question
I baked a German Chocolate cake yesterday that after baking and cooling slightly, you poke holes and put sweetened condensed milk in the holes, then you put a jar of butterscotch caramel topping on. I forgot to put it in the refrigerator before going to bed. Is is okay to eat? It doesn't have the Cool Whip on top yet.
Rate This FAQ
Unfortunately, no. The cake alone would have been okay, since it is a relatively dry food. Once you add the milk it is no longer dry. Potentially harmful microorganisms might grow in the now moister cake. It would be best to discard the cake and start over. A $5 cake is not worth $1000's in medical bills.
Submit Your Suggestion
Other Questions In This Topic
- I just prepared chicken and spilled juices on the counter, how do I sanitize the countertop?
- Do habanero peppers ripen on the vine?
- Is it possible to grow blueberries in Utah County? If so, what do I need to do to help them thrive?
- Are the berries on a Lodense Privet poisonous?
- What is being done to promote healthy eating in schools?
- How do I get rid of the flour weevils that I have in my kitchen without destroying all of my boxed mixes, etc. I know I've got to spray something but is there anything that will leave the food safe for consumption?
- Are Artificial Sweeteners Safe?
- Do you have a safe tomato salsa recipe that incorporates green peppers?