Ask a Question
Notify Me On Question Update
Email this Question
I baked a German Chocolate cake yesterday that after baking and cooling slightly, you poke holes and put sweetened condensed milk in the holes, then you put a jar of butterscotch caramel topping on. I forgot to put it in the refrigerator before going to bed. Is is okay to eat? It doesn't have the Cool Whip on top yet.
Rate This FAQ
Unfortunately, no. The cake alone would have been okay, since it is a relatively dry food. Once you add the milk it is no longer dry. Potentially harmful microorganisms might grow in the now moister cake. It would be best to discard the cake and start over. A $5 cake is not worth $1000's in medical bills.
Submit Your Suggestion
Other Questions In This Topic
- How many Tablespoons in a cup, quarts in a peck, etc.?
- Are Artificial Sweeteners Safe?
- Is it safe to store food in their cans in the refrigerator?
- Do I need to use soap and water to clean fresh fruits and vegetables?
- What can you tell me about the new dietary guidelines?
- I left a pot of soup out after dinner last night; I went to bed and forgot about it. Is it safe to eat if I boil the soup really hard for a long time?
- How safe are herbal medicines?
- I want to cover and leave carrots in the ground during the winter. How do I keep mice out of them?