Ask a Question
Notify Me On Question Update
Email this Question
I baked a German Chocolate cake yesterday that after baking and cooling slightly, you poke holes and put sweetened condensed milk in the holes, then you put a jar of butterscotch caramel topping on. I forgot to put it in the refrigerator before going to bed. Is is okay to eat? It doesn't have the Cool Whip on top yet.
Rate This FAQ
Unfortunately, no. The cake alone would have been okay, since it is a relatively dry food. Once you add the milk it is no longer dry. Potentially harmful microorganisms might grow in the now moister cake. It would be best to discard the cake and start over. A $5 cake is not worth $1000's in medical bills.
Submit Your Suggestion
Other Questions In This Topic
- does 1 tablespoon make 2 teaspoons
- Do you have tips for safe home canning of tomatoes and salsa?
- The nectarines on my tree are not round and smooth; they are lumpy. Is there something I need to do for the tree?
- Can a Person safely eat the head of any venomous snake? If not, why?
- What is being done to promote healthy eating in schools?
- How do you read the code on canned goods to determine the expiration date?
- How can I ensure that my drinking water is safe?
- I have uncooked steak that's been in the fridge for about 1 week. Is it safe to cook & eat it now?