Ask a Question
Notify Me On Question Update
Email this Question
How late in the fall should I water trees and shrubs?
Rate This FAQ
Submit Your Suggestion
Other Questions In This Topic
- What is killing the aspen trees in our forests?
- I live in South Jordan. 4 1/2 years ago I started watering my yard with gray water (irrigation) due to the cost of water. Since that time I have lost 6 red twig dogwoods, 7 blue arctic willows,3 spireas, a pine tree and a Japanese maple. Everything else does not look good (other trees, bushes and perennials). In the spring it all starts out green but by June everything has brown edges on yellowing leaves and the trees have several dead branches. Could the gray water be the culprit? Everything was at least 6 years old, lush, and healthy until I changed my water. I am afraid I will lose everything else this summer if I don't find a cure for this. I could you use some answers. Thank you.
- Our scrub oak is taking over our view, but efforts to trim have resulted in visible cuts and dead branches near the cuts. Do we need a professional, or can it be done well by a lay person?
- I was surprised when I recently spotted a snake in my yard. Aren't they most active in the fall?
- Do you have tips on planting trees and shrubs?
- I have a scarlett red maple. It's about 8 years old and last year the leaves didn't get very big. This year, it hasn't even began to bloom yet although, It has tiny buds. I noticed that the bark in some places peels off very easily. Under the bark, it looks like there may be some black flecks (maybe bug feces). I only noticed one little red colored bug under where I peeled the bark. I don't see any other bugs anywhere, even at the base. Do you think it could have a disease or bugs? I am going to put some fertilizer steaks around it and pour some Bayer Advanced tree and shrub insect control around the base of the tree. Is it too late to spary it?
- I have a curly willow that was topped about four years ago. Now it needs to be trimmed. Can I cut the branches back to where they were cut last?
- What can I do now to prevent weeds in my lawn?