Ask a Question
Notify Me On Question Update
Email this Question
I rent out a condo in a very clean complex in Holladay. My new renter called me in a panic believing she has cockroaches. The service I then had spray the unit said "they had never seen cockroaches in 20 years here." She called again saying they still come out at night from under her refrigerator and dishwasher. I had her save some in a bag and overnight, something in the bag hatched and there were dozens. The adults look rather like the photo of a cockroach I downloaded from WikiPedia, but they are only about 3/4" long. Can you tell me about cockroaches in Utah? Who can I get to identify these insects? How can we get rid of them.
Rate This FAQ
It is very possible to have cockroaches in Utah. We have several different kinds here, and one way to identify them for sure is to send them up to our Diagnostic Laboratory in Logan. Fill out a submission form (including $5) and you should receive an answer in a few days.
Or you could take your samples to your County Extension Office. They could probably tell you right away.
Submit Your Suggestion
Other Questions In This Topic
- I am concerned about hantavirus. What can you tell me?
- Do you have any snow removal tips?
- How can I snake proof my home?
- Do you have snow removal tips?
- Do you have a list of ingredient substitutions for cooking and baking?
- How can I prevent timber theft on my forest property?
- Do you have tips for organizing the garage?
- Do you have tips on table etiquette?