Ask a Question
Notify Me On Question Update
Email this Question
I rent out a condo in a very clean complex in Holladay. My new renter called me in a panic believing she has cockroaches. The service I then had spray the unit said "they had never seen cockroaches in 20 years here." She called again saying they still come out at night from under her refrigerator and dishwasher. I had her save some in a bag and overnight, something in the bag hatched and there were dozens. The adults look rather like the photo of a cockroach I downloaded from WikiPedia, but they are only about 3/4" long. Can you tell me about cockroaches in Utah? Who can I get to identify these insects? How can we get rid of them.
Rate This FAQ
It is very possible to have cockroaches in Utah. We have several different kinds here, and one way to identify them for sure is to send them up to our Diagnostic Laboratory in Logan. Fill out a submission form (including $5) and you should receive an answer in a few days.
Or you could take your samples to your County Extension Office. They could probably tell you right away.
Submit Your Suggestion
Other Questions In This Topic
- How do I remove mildew from fabric?
- I have gnats flying around my house which seem to be coming from my potted plants. What can I do to control these insects?
- I want to get rid of spiders inside my house. What do you recommend I spray inside and outside with?
- I built a house last year and we have ants all over. They are coming back now that the weather is warming up. What can I do to get rid of them?
- How can I add some color to my home now that the holiday decor is gone?
- How do I prevent my pipes from freezing?
- Box Elder bugs have emerged already and are breeding. They get into the house and crawl all over the west facing exterior house wallsand are all over the vegetable garden beds. How do I erradicate them?
- Do you have tips on energy efficiency in the kitchen?