Ask a Question
Notify Me On Question Update
Email this Question
I rent out a condo in a very clean complex in Holladay. My new renter called me in a panic believing she has cockroaches. The service I then had spray the unit said "they had never seen cockroaches in 20 years here." She called again saying they still come out at night from under her refrigerator and dishwasher. I had her save some in a bag and overnight, something in the bag hatched and there were dozens. The adults look rather like the photo of a cockroach I downloaded from WikiPedia, but they are only about 3/4" long. Can you tell me about cockroaches in Utah? Who can I get to identify these insects? How can we get rid of them.
Rate This FAQ
It is very possible to have cockroaches in Utah. We have several different kinds here, and one way to identify them for sure is to send them up to our Diagnostic Laboratory in Logan. Fill out a submission form (including $5) and you should receive an answer in a few days.
Or you could take your samples to your County Extension Office. They could probably tell you right away.
Submit Your Suggestion
Other Questions In This Topic
- What's the best way to store fruits and vegetables?
- How should I bury rain gutter downspouts? How far away should the extension go away from the house? How deep should the end of the extension be?
- Do you have tips for organizing the garage?
- We are remodeling our kitchen, and would like to know what is the best kind of stove for canning. I have had to replace several heating elements on my current electric stove because of canning. I usually use a water bath canner, does a gas stove generate enough heat for canning?
- My child wrote on the wall with a crayon. How do I get the crayon off?
- I have, what may be, a rat in my back yard. I have pictures that I could send to you. It is eating my bird food, but other than that, doesn't seem to be a problem....yet. It actually lives next door and comes under my fence to get food (I have a black lab that is in our yard so I think they live next door for their safety). Could you tell me if I need to get rid of it for health...danger...or other reasons? I know our area has rats in the fields (Milcreek area), I just don't feel comfortable with one this close to my house.
- What should I do if I encounter a rattlesnake?
- Do you have a list of ingredient substitutions for cooking and baking?