Ask a Question
Notify Me On Question Update
Email this Question
When is the best time of year to reseed my lawn? The weeds and spurge are out of control. Should I rototill the lawn to remove all the weeds first?
Rate This FAQ
A good time to do this is from August 15 to September 5. This allows the grass to germinate and get to the 3-4 leaf stage which is big enough to get through the winter. The late fall seeding for spring germination works better for legumes such as alfalfa and clover. It does not work as well for grass. The next best option is to seed in April. Eliminating weeds before seeding is also a good idea.
Submit Your Suggestion
Other Questions In This Topic
- Do you have tips for naturalizing a landscape with bulbs?
- Will hydrangias and dogwood trees grow in South Jordan?
- when should i apply a preemregent to control the weed oxalis that is in my lawn? can you reccomend a particular product?
- How can I conserve water and still have a nice lawn?
- What herbicide/killer do we use to eradicate "salt cedar" & cheat grass??
- When will my flowering shrubs bloom, and when should I prune them and my evergreens?
- Do you test soil?
- Do you have some advice on how to control mallow weeds? This has been an ongoing problem that even the powerful herbicides can only contain for just a few weeks. They always come back and completely overrun my garden. Any advice?