Ask a Question
Notify Me On Question Update
Email this Question
Can I get my pressure cooker tested? When and where? Thanks for a great service! jh
Rate This FAQ
Most of Cooperative Extension offices throughout the state will test pressure canner gauges. Check your local county office. If by any chance they cannot, we can request a neighboring county help out. Look for the phone number of your county office on http://extension.usu.edu or in your phone book.
Submit Your Suggestion
Other Questions In This Topic
- Does my stored food still have any nutritional value?
- What can I store water in?
- Can you use canned food such as soups and vegetables past their use by date and if so how far past can you use them. How long does home canned fruits keep their nutional value?
- I would like to find a recipe for canning apple pie filling that is safe for my elevation. I have looked through your web sites to no avail. Please direct me.
- This is a food storage question. I have called Iams and Purina re cat food storage. They could not tell me how long I could store their dry food product in an oxygen free envirenment. I would like to store the food in 6 gallon buckets to which an oxygen absorber has been added. I have several members in my ward who are interested in this answer. Do you have any experience with this?
- Is it safe to bottle butter? I went to a class and they said it was "canning butter" yet we didn't process it.
- Do weevil turn into moths? If not where would moths come from in my food storage room? and how do you get rid of them?
- I have a question regarding commercially canned tomatoes. I have read on your website that the nutritional value of vegetables may not be maintained after the expiration date. I have heard somewhere that tomatoes are an exception, and there could be a problem with the tomatoes that would not be able to be detected, and that they should just be discarded at the expiration date for safety's sake. Is this true?