Ask a Question
Notify Me On Question Update
Email this Question
Can I get my pressure cooker tested? When and where? Thanks for a great service! jh
Rate This FAQ
Most of Cooperative Extension offices throughout the state will test pressure canner gauges. Check your local county office. If by any chance they cannot, we can request a neighboring county help out. Look for the phone number of your county office on http://extension.usu.edu or in your phone book.
Submit Your Suggestion
Other Questions In This Topic
- I used the approved recipe for canning apple pie filling, including leaving a 1 inch headspace. However, after taking out the jars I noticed that filling had bubbled up out of the jars during processing. The lids seem sealed, but how can I be sure they are safe? Should I have left a larger headspace than 1 inch???
- How long can I keep stored foods?
- I just inherited a pressure canner. It's pretty well used and I'm a little nervous about using it. I've never done pressure canning before. Is there a place where I can get it checked out for safety, and how do I learn how to use it.
- Is it save to eat weevil?
- How to store fesh oranges to last as long as possible?
- What protein content should my stored wheat have?
- How much food should I store?
- I am trying to use flour that has been stores for about 30 years. It looks ok and tastes like flour but I have baked two loaves and they will not raise. they taste ok but how nutritional would they be?