Ask a Question
Notify Me On Question Update
Email this Question
Can I get my pressure cooker tested? When and where? Thanks for a great service! jh
Rate This FAQ
Most of Cooperative Extension offices throughout the state will test pressure canner gauges. Check your local county office. If by any chance they cannot, we can request a neighboring county help out. Look for the phone number of your county office on http://extension.usu.edu or in your phone book.
Submit Your Suggestion
Other Questions In This Topic
- When and where do I go to have my pressure canner checked? How often should it be checked?
- I am trying to use flour that has been stores for about 30 years. It looks ok and tastes like flour but I have baked two loaves and they will not raise. they taste ok but how nutritional would they be?
- How long can I keep stored foods?
- I just inherited a pressure canner. It's pretty well used and I'm a little nervous about using it. I've never done pressure canning before. Is there a place where I can get it checked out for safety, and how do I learn how to use it.
- Is it save to eat weevil?
- Does my stored food still have any nutritional value?
- Can I use bay leaves or nails in my wheat to protect from insects?
- How do I keep insects out of stored grain?