Ask a Question
Notify Me On Question Update
Email this Question
Can I get my pressure cooker tested? When and where? Thanks for a great service! jh
Rate This FAQ
Most of Cooperative Extension offices throughout the state will test pressure canner gauges. Check your local county office. If by any chance they cannot, we can request a neighboring county help out. Look for the phone number of your county office on http://extension.usu.edu or in your phone book.
Submit Your Suggestion
Other Questions In This Topic
- How long can I keep stored foods?
- Can you tell me what the adult form is for the weevil that I find in my flour and pasta?
- Information for Canning at High Altitudes.
- Is it safe to bottle butter? I went to a class and they said it was "canning butter" yet we didn't process it.
- I just inherited a pressure canner. It's pretty well used and I'm a little nervous about using it. I've never done pressure canning before. Is there a place where I can get it checked out for safety, and how do I learn how to use it.
- Can you use canned food such as soups and vegetables past their use by date and if so how far past can you use them. How long does home canned fruits keep their nutional value?
- Do I need to treat water before storing it?
- When and where do I go to have my pressure canner checked? How often should it be checked?