Ask a Question
Notify Me On Question Update
Email this Question
I would like to plant red seedless grapes. What time of the year and what variety work in Utah.
Rate This FAQ
The grapes will do better if you plant them in the spring. Two of the red seedless table grapes that do well in Utah are:
Candice- it has well-filled clusters of medium-size berries. It is very productive and hardy. It also makes good raisins.
Suffolk Red- an early red seedless grape. Clusters tend to be loose and small. Flavor is excellent. It can be dried to make raisins.
These are not the only red grapes that will do here, but they are two varieties that are known to do well here.
You want grapes that do well in USDA Zone 5 (zone 3-4 would even be better because every few years we get a deeper freeze) and that like alkaline soil. You could check out catalogs like Stark Bros. or Miller Nurseries to read about the different varieties, or you can check with some of the reputable, full-serve nurseries in your area. I hope this information will be of help to you.
Submit Your Suggestion
Other Questions In This Topic
- We just moved to Davis County and want to plant our first garden. What things will grow well? What should we avoid? When should we plant? Any other basic tips about our area would be appreciated.
- Is the use of manure safe for the vegetable garden?
- I wanted to mail order some flowers to plant. Is the end of October too late to plant flowers?
- when should I spray a cherry tree to get rid of the little white worms. What is the best product to use in controling this problem
- What causes plants to look dirty and lose their green color during the heat of the summer? One culprit is spider mites.
- Is there some place in the Salt Lake area where I can donate my garden snails? I read that thrushes and ducks (along with many other critters such as beetles, which I don't want to introduce into my garden) will eat snails. I know I could kill the snails using a variety of methods, but it seems like somebody (not me!) might like to eat them. Ideas?
- Do you have tips for growing water lilies?
- What is the best way to get rid of morning glory in my lawn and garden?