Ask a Question
Notify Me On Question Update
Email this Question
How late in the fall season can you lay sod in northern Utah?
Rate This FAQ
At this time of the year (mid-late October), I would recommend waiting until spring. While sodding does give you a bit more flexibility than seed, your goal should be to establish roots into the native soil before we start having consistent freezes. I don't believe that there's enough time left for that now. Of course, this is all dependent upon what sort of fall weather we have.
Submit Your Suggestion
Other Questions In This Topic
- We have a 3 year old maple tree that seemed to be doing great, but never lost it's leaves last fall. It showed no sign of life this spring and we were ready to replace it. A week or so ago it started sending out leaves at it's crotch. I'm pretty sure the top of the tree is dead. Do we cut it down to it's crotch (losing at least 8 feet of branches)? Will it regain a shape and will it be strong enough to survive the wind? What should we do with this tree?!
- I have a large Pinion pine that we trimmed back the lower branches on last fall, The grass is not doing well there due to limited light, could I add a flower bed there instead, and if so what type of plants would do well in my VERY clay soil. Also isnt' there something about not planting flowers over/next to a tree trunk? thanks
- Our grass is dying and we suspect a worm/grub problem since we have seen some yellowish worms come up when we have raked the thatch layer. When is the best time to treat to kill the worms? What is best to kill them if we don't know exactly what species they are? How long after treatment can we prepare and plant new grass seed?
- How can I tell when my pears are ripe?
- How do I kill gophers in my lawn?
- Do I need to prune my trees this spring?
- I have a lawn full of spiders. When I go to the flowers beds, probably a 100 spiders run out of the grass and bed. The spiders are about 3/8 of an inch long and dark brown. I would just like to get rid of them. What is the best approach?
- What is anthracnose?