Ask a Question
Notify Me On Question Update
Email this Question
How late in the fall season can you lay sod in northern Utah?
Rate This FAQ
At this time of the year (mid-late October), I would recommend waiting until spring. While sodding does give you a bit more flexibility than seed, your goal should be to establish roots into the native soil before we start having consistent freezes. I don't believe that there's enough time left for that now. Of course, this is all dependent upon what sort of fall weather we have.
Submit Your Suggestion
Other Questions In This Topic
- I have many large 20-25 feet scrub oak trees on my property. I would like to thin and prune them from the tops in order for them to look like the lower scrub oak I have seen in the area, about 10-15 feet. How low can I cut them from their tops without injuring them and what is the best time of year to do so?
- My roses and boxelder trees have sticky (sap) leaves, what is causing this problem?
- When should I be pruning my roses?
- What is killing my lawn? It was fine in the spring, and now this summer, it is looking dead in patchy spots.
- I notice groups of about 4 or 5 pine needles buried into the flower beds and am wondering what type of bug is pulling them into the ground in the fall. They do not get ther naturally because of the way they are sticking out of the ground. Half buried. I am just wondering what creature this might be and do I need to do something about it?
- I live in Riverton, and have areas in my lawn that are brown and sparse. I planted the lawn from seed, a Kentucky bluegrass blend I bought from a nursery, at least 10 years ago. It grows well in cooler weather, but by summer it looks dead in patches and is stiff, not soft lawn for the kids to play on. I would like to put down some patch seed, but don't know what kind to use and how is the best way to plant. Do I have to take out the old lawn or can I just sprinkle it on and cover with a little bit of soil. Also, is there any way to control the wide leaf weed that grows throughout my lawn as well as the entire neighborhood?
- What herbicide/killer do we use to eradicate "salt cedar" & cheat grass??
- Spotted spurge is taking over my lawn. What can I do now, in these hot August temperatures, to knock back this weed problem?