Ask a Question
Notify Me On Question Update
Email this Question
Our bosic pear tree bears lots of sweet juicy fruit however they have an area around the core that seems to be gritty which makes canning difficult after cutting that part of the fruit out there isn't much left. How can we correct this problem with out fruit.
Rate This FAQ
It's possible that you harvested your pears too late and they had
ripened too much on the tree. Pears, as you probably already know, should be
harvested when they are still firm (mature but not ripe) and ripened off the
tree. Here's a website to look at; see if this looks like the problem you
are experiencing with your pears:
Submit Your Suggestion
Other Questions In This Topic
- Can we grow the new Honey Crisp apple here?
- my pear trees leaves are drying up and falling off and now an oily sap is coming from trunk is this normal activity for prefall, if not what is problem?
- I have many different types of fruit trees in my yard. Yellow Delicious, Gala, Jonathan, Macantosh, Elberta Peaches, Stanley Plums, Danjo Pears, Barlet Pears, Apricots, Bing Cherries, and Elderberries. When is the best time to harvest each of these?
- Do you have an email list I can subscribe to that informs me when to spray my fruit trees?
- We have a horrible locust infestation, which I can't find any news about - all of the scrub oak are defoliated. Is this common? Will the trees recover- new leaves this year? I have found them on fruit trees and washed them off - are they just passing through? Any other info on them?
- I have a bartlett pear tree. A Limb is almost black, but growth was still coming out of the ends, so i didn't prune it off the tree all the way in the spring. Now other parts of the tree are turning black, some of the leaves are curling and turning black as well as some of the fruit. Can I save the tree, or do I need to pull it out. Also will this spread to my other two nearby peach and apple tree.
- I'm trying to identify the variety of peach my father has growing in his yard. It had a medium-sized fruit which ripened the first part of September, had exceptionally sweet yellow flesh, was a freestone variety with a red center around the pit. Can you help me?
- I need to buy some tree spacers to reshape my fruit trees. Where can I buy tree spacers?