Ask a Question
Notify Me On Question Update
Email this Question
I have 30 acres of dry farm high on the west side of cache valley and would like like to cover it with many trees that are likely to survive and will eventually provide shade. What should I plant?
Rate This FAQ
Unless you can irrigate continuously there are very few trees that will survive; really only junipers. If you can irrigate then any tree that can survive high soil pH will work; I would go with some native bigtooth maples & maybe oaks & mountain-mahoganies.
Submit Your Suggestion
Other Questions In This Topic
- I have an infestation of red ants in my retaining wall area where I also have plants. What is the best way to get rid of the red ants so I can weed etc. in that area?
- What can I do now to prevent weeds in my lawn?
- What herbicide/killer do we use to eradicate "salt cedar" & cheat grass??
- When is the best time to plant my grass in the spring? And how much fertilizer should I put on if any?
- We have a 3 year old maple tree that seemed to be doing great, but never lost it's leaves last fall. It showed no sign of life this spring and we were ready to replace it. A week or so ago it started sending out leaves at it's crotch. I'm pretty sure the top of the tree is dead. Do we cut it down to it's crotch (losing at least 8 feet of branches)? Will it regain a shape and will it be strong enough to survive the wind? What should we do with this tree?!
- Many years ago the back nieghbors laid sod about 6 inches higher than our sod and leaned it on the back cedar fence. They also put in small trees about 3 feet from the fence. The trees proved to be junk trees and now we have endless roots protruding above the ground 4-5 inches. If i hit them with the lawnmower cuts of a small bit of root and dulls the blade. Their are too many to cut out, if we lay sod over them will this solve the problem?? Any suggestion would be appreciated. Thanks
- I have a very large Honey Locust tree on the West side of my house. It is dropping leaves and has a lost more dead branches then the previous years. What problems should I look for and what can I do to save this precious tree?
- What is West Nile Virus and how can I keep myself safe from it?