Ask a Question
Notify Me On Question Update
Email this Question
What are some good strawberry varieties to grow in our area? I would like both june-bearing and ever-bearing
Rate This FAQ
USU Extension has a publication about strawberries, downloadable from http://extension.usu.edu/files
The varieties I would recommend include:
June-bearing: Guardian, Robinson, Surecrop
Buy plants that are disease resistant (those listed above are).
Submit Your Suggestion
Other Questions In This Topic
- I would like to know the cost of nematodes for flower gardens and where I might be able to purchase some or have some mailed to me here in Farmington. Is there somewhere along the Wasatch Front I can purchase this type of nematodes?
- I want to put pre emergent down on my garden to control weeds and the tomato seeds from last year. The snow has melted. Is now the time and what should I use?
- I planted 2 plum trees several years ago. The 3rd year I had a huge crop. The next 2 years the leaves had what I think is peach leaf curl or at least that's how it made the leaves look. I sprayed both years with no improvement. This year I've also sprayed but after blossoming, the leafing is very sickly, the leaves done even really form, they just make tiny clusters of pale spikes that look like tiny curled leaves. Is there anything I can so short of digging them out? Can they be saved or I am better off just starting from scratch? How to I make sure what is there doesn't contaminate the new trees? Thanks.
- I heard there is an organism in garden soil that can be harmful to pregnant women. Is this true?
- When do I pick my watermelon?
- Why do my tomatoes have brown spots on the bottom?
- When should I spray my apple and apricat trees to prevent worms in the fruit? What product should I use? I planted a plum tree last fall, what should I do for it now?
- What is the best way to get rid of morning glory in my lawn and garden?