Ask a Question
Notify Me On Question Update
Email this Question
What are some good strawberry varieties to grow in our area? I would like both june-bearing and ever-bearing
Rate This FAQ
USU Extension has a publication about strawberries, downloadable from http://extension.usu.edu/files
The varieties I would recommend include:
June-bearing: Guardian, Robinson, Surecrop
Buy plants that are disease resistant (those listed above are).
Submit Your Suggestion
Other Questions In This Topic
- A week ago I was given an easter lily with white trumpet flowers. The plant was very dry, so I watered it, and it dose seem healthy. The blossoms are gone. 1) What, where and when is the best time to plant outside? I would like to plant it in a pot with other flowers. 2) The spot is quite shady, gets a little sun, will it be ok? 3) How should I winterize the plant when it gets cold, so I can have it come out nicely next year? 4) Will it multiply, where I can get other plants? or, How can I plant other starts from the plant? 5) Is there literature on growing easter lilys in Utah? 6) Can I expect blossoms again this summer or fall?
- I started my Basil from seed and they were doing great, now something is eating them. The plants outside and inside. One insect looks like a nat the other one has feelers out front and is very small and fast. What should I spray them with? Should I use bark around them?
- I planted my tomatoes last Thursday, May 22. It was just before all this rain and colder air came in. Now all the plants leaves are turning yellow/cream color, except for the veins are staying green. Some neighbors said they might have had too much water, I have never had tomatoes do this before.
- I have a climbing rose that I love and would like to take a cutting and start a new plant. What is the best way to do that?
- Winter Vegetable Gardening
- We moved here recently into a brand new neighborhood and are just now having a landscape Co. come in and lay sprinklers, top soil and sod. We will be planting bushes and trees. Question: Is it a waste of money, time and effort to try to establish perennials at this late date into virgin soil? Or should I wait until spring to do that part of establishing a flower garden?
- Do you have tips for growing water lilies?
- What do I do about squash bugs?