Ask a Question
Notify Me On Question Update
Email this Question
I'm getting ready to plant grass in my back yard either this fall or in the spring. I'm wondering if dwarf fescue will grow well here in Springville, or if I would be better off planting bluegrass? I had dewarf fescue in Southern California and really liked it.
Rate This FAQ
I like Kentucky Blue Grass. KBG is drought tolerant and very durable. If you have children or grandchildren playing on your turf, KBG will recover faster.
You could call Granite Seed and see if they have any drawf fescues that they recommend.
I hope this is of help to you.
Submit Your Suggestion
Other Questions In This Topic
- I live in South Jordan. 4 1/2 years ago I started watering my yard with gray water (irrigation) due to the cost of water. Since that time I have lost 6 red twig dogwoods, 7 blue arctic willows,3 spireas, a pine tree and a Japanese maple. Everything else does not look good (other trees, bushes and perennials). In the spring it all starts out green but by June everything has brown edges on yellowing leaves and the trees have several dead branches. Could the gray water be the culprit? Everything was at least 6 years old, lush, and healthy until I changed my water. I am afraid I will lose everything else this summer if I don't find a cure for this. I could you use some answers. Thank you.
- Do you have information on soil testing?
- We live in West Jordan in an area with very clay soil. We would like to plant some low-lying evergreen shrubs in a narrow strip between our RV pad and a short vinyl fence. Do you have any plant recommendations that will work in our soil and don't require a lot of maintenence?
- Do you have tips on managing grasshoppers in my yard?
- What should I do to prepare my lawn for winter?
- When will my flowering shrubs bloom, and when should I prune them and my evergreens?
- I have large steep slop in my backyard. I would like to plant a ground cover from seed. Is this possible. If so what kind would be best to keep weeds and bay, grow quickly and look appealing? I was wonder if Vinca Major or St johns wart would work? Thanks for your time Milt
- What causes holes in the trunk of my aspen tree?