Ask a Question
Notify Me On Question Update
Email this Question
I would like to find a recipe for canning apple pie filling that is safe for my elevation. I have looked through your web sites to no avail. Please direct me.
Rate This FAQ
Excuse the delay in response. I hope you still have apples you are wanting to can! I do have a recipe for you, it is found on the Home Food Preservation website that is part of the USDA. Here is the link:
We use two sources for canning recipes: this one and the Ball Blue Book. Both of these sources' recipes have been tested extensively for safety.
Submit Your Suggestion
Other Questions In This Topic
- Do weevil turn into moths? If not where would moths come from in my food storage room? and how do you get rid of them?
- Are jars that have air bubbles in them after bottling, safe?
- How long does pectin keep if the box has not been opened?
- how do I store fruits and vegetables?
- How much water should I store?
- How do I keep insects out of stored grain?
- Can I use bay leaves or nails in my wheat to protect from insects?
- What protein content should my stored wheat have?