Ask a Question
Notify Me On Question Update
Email this Question
What is the nutritional value of pickled vegetables and how much vit C etc is saved?
Rate This FAQ
Pickled vegetables will lose the same amount of Vitamin C as canned bottled fruits and vegetables. Vitamin C is destroyed by heat. Riboflavin is destroyed by light. So, fresh is best. Fat soluble vitamins are not destroyed with the cooking and light. So, there is no answer for every food. If you have fresh fruit available, it is the best. Frozen and canned fruits make them available all year long and should not be discounted.
Submit Your Suggestion
Other Questions In This Topic
- I have a recipe for chili sauce that has tomatoes, onion, sugar, and spices. After it has cooked down, I just put it in hot jars and put the canning lids on. Is that okay, or do I need to process in a boiling water bath?
- The nectarines on my tree are not round and smooth; they are lumpy. Is there something I need to do for the tree?
- How do you read the code on canned goods to determine the expiration date?
- Do you have a safe tomato salsa recipe that incorporates green peppers?
- Is tomato soup and tomato sauce safe to eat if they squirt out of the can when they are opened?
- Is it possible to grow blueberries in Utah County? If so, what do I need to do to help them thrive?
- How can I ensure that my drinking water is safe?
- My turkey brining recipe calls for 4 juniper berries crushed in the brine. Can I use the berries from my yard shrubs for this purpose?