Ask a Question
Notify Me On Question Update
Email this Question
What is the nutritional value of pickled vegetables and how much vit C etc is saved?
Rate This FAQ
Pickled vegetables will lose the same amount of Vitamin C as canned bottled fruits and vegetables. Vitamin C is destroyed by heat. Riboflavin is destroyed by light. So, fresh is best. Fat soluble vitamins are not destroyed with the cooking and light. So, there is no answer for every food. If you have fresh fruit available, it is the best. Frozen and canned fruits make them available all year long and should not be discounted.
Submit Your Suggestion
Other Questions In This Topic
- What is being done to promote healthy eating in schools?
- Do I need to use soap and water to clean fresh fruits and vegetables?
- Do you have tips for high altitude baking?
- Do you have a safe tomato salsa recipe that incorporates green peppers?
- How can I encourage nutritious eating habits in my preschooler?
- what is the best way to clean whole wheat? I am living in Korea and have purchased some wheat that appears to need cleaning, but I don't know how to do it/
- Do you have tips to help prevent dehydration?
- How long can I keep meat, poultry, vegetables, etc. in the freezer?