Ask a Question
Notify Me On Question Update
Email this Question
What is the nutritional value of pickled vegetables and how much vit C etc is saved?
Rate This FAQ
Pickled vegetables will lose the same amount of Vitamin C as canned bottled fruits and vegetables. Vitamin C is destroyed by heat. Riboflavin is destroyed by light. So, fresh is best. Fat soluble vitamins are not destroyed with the cooking and light. So, there is no answer for every food. If you have fresh fruit available, it is the best. Frozen and canned fruits make them available all year long and should not be discounted.
Submit Your Suggestion
Other Questions In This Topic
- Is it safe to store food in their cans in the refrigerator?
- Can I have my pumpkin and eat it too?
- How safe are herbal medicines?
- Do you have suggestions for nutritious brown bag lunches?
- The nectarines on my tree are not round and smooth; they are lumpy. Is there something I need to do for the tree?
- Do you have recipes for cooking pumpkin?
- What is the effect of irradiation on food packaging, especially on p.v.c?
- What is being done to promote healthy eating in schools?