Ask a Question
Notify Me On Question Update
Email this Question
What is the nutritional value of pickled vegetables and how much vit C etc is saved?
Rate This FAQ
Pickled vegetables will lose the same amount of Vitamin C as canned bottled fruits and vegetables. Vitamin C is destroyed by heat. Riboflavin is destroyed by light. So, fresh is best. Fat soluble vitamins are not destroyed with the cooking and light. So, there is no answer for every food. If you have fresh fruit available, it is the best. Frozen and canned fruits make them available all year long and should not be discounted.
Submit Your Suggestion
Other Questions In This Topic
- How do you read the code on canned goods to determine the expiration date?
- How do I keep my family from getting sick from food poisoning?
- Do you have tips for dealing with lactose intolerance?
- How safe are herbal medicines?
- How safe are home canned quick breads?
- What's round and orange, has a wicked smile and great health benefits?
- Do you have tips to help prevent dehydration?
- What is being done to promote healthy eating in schools?