Ask a Question
Notify Me On Question Update
Email this Question
What is the nutritional value of pickled vegetables and how much vit C etc is saved?
Rate This FAQ
Pickled vegetables will lose the same amount of Vitamin C as canned bottled fruits and vegetables. Vitamin C is destroyed by heat. Riboflavin is destroyed by light. So, fresh is best. Fat soluble vitamins are not destroyed with the cooking and light. So, there is no answer for every food. If you have fresh fruit available, it is the best. Frozen and canned fruits make them available all year long and should not be discounted.
Submit Your Suggestion
Other Questions In This Topic
- I left a pot of soup out after dinner last night; I went to bed and forgot about it. Is it safe to eat if I boil the soup really hard for a long time?
- How long can I keep meat, poultry, vegetables, etc. in the freezer?
- Do habanero peppers ripen on the vine?
- Do you have suggestions for nutritious brown bag lunches?
- Do you have tips to help prevent dehydration?
- What's round and orange, has a wicked smile and great health benefits?
- Do you have tips on safe food handling techniques?
- As I've grown older I've lost my appetite, can I get it back?