Ask a Question
Notify Me On Question Update
Email this Question
What is the nutritional value of pickled vegetables and how much vit C etc is saved?
Rate This FAQ
Pickled vegetables will lose the same amount of Vitamin C as canned bottled fruits and vegetables. Vitamin C is destroyed by heat. Riboflavin is destroyed by light. So, fresh is best. Fat soluble vitamins are not destroyed with the cooking and light. So, there is no answer for every food. If you have fresh fruit available, it is the best. Frozen and canned fruits make them available all year long and should not be discounted.
Submit Your Suggestion
Other Questions In This Topic
- Do you have tips on cooking for one?
- I left a pot of soup out after dinner last night; I went to bed and forgot about it. Is it safe to eat if I boil the soup really hard for a long time?
- How long can I keep meat, poultry, vegetables, etc. in the freezer?
- Do I need to use soap and water to clean fresh fruits and vegetables?
- Do you have tips on safe food handling techniques?
- Do you have suggestions for nutritious brown bag lunches?
- Can a Person safely eat the head of any venomous snake? If not, why?
- Do you have recipes for cooking pumpkin?