Ask a Question
Notify Me On Question Update
Email this Question
What is the nutritional value of pickled vegetables and how much vit C etc is saved?
Rate This FAQ
Pickled vegetables will lose the same amount of Vitamin C as canned bottled fruits and vegetables. Vitamin C is destroyed by heat. Riboflavin is destroyed by light. So, fresh is best. Fat soluble vitamins are not destroyed with the cooking and light. So, there is no answer for every food. If you have fresh fruit available, it is the best. Frozen and canned fruits make them available all year long and should not be discounted.
Submit Your Suggestion
Other Questions In This Topic
- Are steam canners safe to use?
- I found weevil in my flour, I have fruit flies, or there are other pantry pests in my kitchen, what do I do?
- I was wondering how long to cook a 15 lb beef roast in the oven & at what temperature. Do I need to add water? Cover with foil? Any ideas would be greatly appreciated.
- I am going out of the country for a few years and will be unable to purchase powdered sugar and also tomato paste where I will be living. Is there a way I can make these things myself using very basic products?
- What is being done to promote healthy eating in schools?
- How do you read the code on canned goods to determine the expiration date?
- Would like to know how many drops in one ounce of water equals how many parts per million? Or quart ect.
- Would you answer some questions about food irradation?