Ask a Question
Notify Me On Question Update
Email this Question
What is the nutritional value of pickled vegetables and how much vit C etc is saved?
Rate This FAQ
Pickled vegetables will lose the same amount of Vitamin C as canned bottled fruits and vegetables. Vitamin C is destroyed by heat. Riboflavin is destroyed by light. So, fresh is best. Fat soluble vitamins are not destroyed with the cooking and light. So, there is no answer for every food. If you have fresh fruit available, it is the best. Frozen and canned fruits make them available all year long and should not be discounted.
Submit Your Suggestion
Other Questions In This Topic
- How long can I keep leftovers in the refrigerator?
- How long can I keep meat, poultry, vegetables, etc. in the freezer?
- What's round and orange, has a wicked smile and great health benefits?
- The nectarines on my tree are not round and smooth; they are lumpy. Is there something I need to do for the tree?
- How can I ensure that my drinking water is safe?
- I want to cover and leave carrots in the ground during the winter. How do I keep mice out of them?
- How many tomatoes, potatoes, etc. in a pound?
- I baked a German Chocolate cake yesterday that after baking and cooling slightly, you poke holes and put sweetened condensed milk in the holes, then you put a jar of butterscotch caramel topping on. I forgot to put it in the refrigerator before going to bed. Is is okay to eat? It doesn't have the Cool Whip on top yet.