Ask a Question
Notify Me On Question Update
Email this Question
What is the nutritional value of pickled vegetables and how much vit C etc is saved?
Rate This FAQ
Pickled vegetables will lose the same amount of Vitamin C as canned bottled fruits and vegetables. Vitamin C is destroyed by heat. Riboflavin is destroyed by light. So, fresh is best. Fat soluble vitamins are not destroyed with the cooking and light. So, there is no answer for every food. If you have fresh fruit available, it is the best. Frozen and canned fruits make them available all year long and should not be discounted.
Submit Your Suggestion
Other Questions In This Topic
- Are steam canners safe to use?
- How long can I keep meat, poultry, vegetables, etc. in the freezer?
- I heard products with hydrogenated fats are bad for you. What are hydrogenated fats and can I eat them?
- Is it safe to store food in their cans in the refrigerator?
- Do you have tips on how I can use cranberries during the holidays?
- Is it safe to defrost meat on the counter?
- My turkey brining recipe calls for 4 juniper berries crushed in the brine. Can I use the berries from my yard shrubs for this purpose?
- Do you have information on freezer meals?