Ask a Question
Notify Me On Question Update
Email this Question
What is the nutritional value of pickled vegetables and how much vit C etc is saved?
Rate This FAQ
Pickled vegetables will lose the same amount of Vitamin C as canned bottled fruits and vegetables. Vitamin C is destroyed by heat. Riboflavin is destroyed by light. So, fresh is best. Fat soluble vitamins are not destroyed with the cooking and light. So, there is no answer for every food. If you have fresh fruit available, it is the best. Frozen and canned fruits make them available all year long and should not be discounted.
Submit Your Suggestion
Other Questions In This Topic
- What can you tell me about the new dietary guidelines?
- I purchased some sealed pouches of cornmeal in 1999. It has been stored sometimes in wrm climates nd for the last 3 years in a cool climatel Is it still good and useable? Thank you in advance. Jim Burkey
- Can I use a wood cutting board?
- Do you have tips for high altitude baking?
- I found weevil in my flour, I have fruit flies, or there are other pantry pests in my kitchen, what do I do?
- Do you have recipes for cooking pumpkin?
- Do you have information on freezer meals?
- Do you have suggestions for nutritious brown bag lunches?