Ask a Question
Notify Me On Question Update
Email this Question
What is the nutritional value of pickled vegetables and how much vit C etc is saved?
Rate This FAQ
Pickled vegetables will lose the same amount of Vitamin C as canned bottled fruits and vegetables. Vitamin C is destroyed by heat. Riboflavin is destroyed by light. So, fresh is best. Fat soluble vitamins are not destroyed with the cooking and light. So, there is no answer for every food. If you have fresh fruit available, it is the best. Frozen and canned fruits make them available all year long and should not be discounted.
Submit Your Suggestion
Other Questions In This Topic
- Can I have my pumpkin and eat it too?
- Would like to know how many drops in one ounce of water equals how many parts per million? Or quart ect.
- I live in Provo Canyon and want a peach tree that grows big, wonderful, juicy, beautiful peaches (not so much for canning but for deserts). Do you have a recommendation?
- As I've grown older I've lost my appetite, can I get it back?
- How long can I keep meat, poultry, vegetables, etc. in the freezer?
- How can I eat healthier at fast food restaurants?
- Are steam canners safe to use?
- What is being done to promote healthy eating in schools?