Ask a Question
Notify Me On Question Update
Email this Question
What is the nutritional value of pickled vegetables and how much vit C etc is saved?
Rate This FAQ
Pickled vegetables will lose the same amount of Vitamin C as canned bottled fruits and vegetables. Vitamin C is destroyed by heat. Riboflavin is destroyed by light. So, fresh is best. Fat soluble vitamins are not destroyed with the cooking and light. So, there is no answer for every food. If you have fresh fruit available, it is the best. Frozen and canned fruits make them available all year long and should not be discounted.
Submit Your Suggestion
Other Questions In This Topic
- What happens if you make and use a product that had weevils? Will you get sick?
- Do you have information on freezer meals?
- Do you have tips for safe home canning of tomatoes and salsa?
- I found weevil in my flour, I have fruit flies, or there are other pantry pests in my kitchen, what do I do?
- How can I encourage nutritious eating habits in my preschooler?
- Is it safe to defrost meat on the counter?
- I am going out of the country for a few years and will be unable to purchase powdered sugar and also tomato paste where I will be living. Is there a way I can make these things myself using very basic products?
- How can I ensure that my drinking water is safe?