Ask a Question
Notify Me On Question Update
Email this Question
What is the nutritional value of pickled vegetables and how much vit C etc is saved?
Rate This FAQ
Pickled vegetables will lose the same amount of Vitamin C as canned bottled fruits and vegetables. Vitamin C is destroyed by heat. Riboflavin is destroyed by light. So, fresh is best. Fat soluble vitamins are not destroyed with the cooking and light. So, there is no answer for every food. If you have fresh fruit available, it is the best. Frozen and canned fruits make them available all year long and should not be discounted.
Submit Your Suggestion
Other Questions In This Topic
- I purchased some sealed pouches of cornmeal in 1999. It has been stored sometimes in wrm climates nd for the last 3 years in a cool climatel Is it still good and useable? Thank you in advance. Jim Burkey
- How many tomatoes, potatoes, etc. in a pound?
- does 1 tablespoon make 2 teaspoons
- Do you have tips on cooking for one?
- what is the best way to clean whole wheat? I am living in Korea and have purchased some wheat that appears to need cleaning, but I don't know how to do it/
- I'm in the middle of baking cookies, the recipe calls for baking powder and I am out. Is there a substitute?
- I want to cover and leave carrots in the ground during the winter. How do I keep mice out of them?
- I just prepared chicken and spilled juices on the counter, how do I sanitize the countertop?