Ask a Question
Notify Me On Question Update
Email this Question
What is the nutritional value of pickled vegetables and how much vit C etc is saved?
Rate This FAQ
Pickled vegetables will lose the same amount of Vitamin C as canned bottled fruits and vegetables. Vitamin C is destroyed by heat. Riboflavin is destroyed by light. So, fresh is best. Fat soluble vitamins are not destroyed with the cooking and light. So, there is no answer for every food. If you have fresh fruit available, it is the best. Frozen and canned fruits make them available all year long and should not be discounted.
Submit Your Suggestion
Other Questions In This Topic
- How can I make sure my eggs are safe?
- I found weevil in my flour, I have fruit flies, or there are other pantry pests in my kitchen, what do I do?
- Do you have tips to help prevent dehydration?
- I left a pot of soup out after dinner last night; I went to bed and forgot about it. Is it safe to eat if I boil the soup really hard for a long time?
- What is the effect of irradiation on food packaging, especially on p.v.c?
- Will you please send me a recipe for pesto?
- The nectarines on my tree are not round and smooth; they are lumpy. Is there something I need to do for the tree?
- I have uncooked steak that's been in the fridge for about 1 week. Is it safe to cook & eat it now?