Ask a Question
Notify Me On Question Update
Email this Question
What is the nutritional value of pickled vegetables and how much vit C etc is saved?
Rate This FAQ
Pickled vegetables will lose the same amount of Vitamin C as canned bottled fruits and vegetables. Vitamin C is destroyed by heat. Riboflavin is destroyed by light. So, fresh is best. Fat soluble vitamins are not destroyed with the cooking and light. So, there is no answer for every food. If you have fresh fruit available, it is the best. Frozen and canned fruits make them available all year long and should not be discounted.
Submit Your Suggestion
Other Questions In This Topic
- I am making candy and it isn't working. I heard you need to make an altitude adjustment to your thermometer, how do I do that?
- what is the best way to clean whole wheat? I am living in Korea and have purchased some wheat that appears to need cleaning, but I don't know how to do it/
- Do I need to use soap and water to clean fresh fruits and vegetables?
- What is the effect of irradiation on food packaging, especially on p.v.c?
- Are the berries on a Lodense Privet poisonous?
- What can you tell me about the new dietary guidelines?
- I have uncooked steak that's been in the fridge for about 1 week. Is it safe to cook & eat it now?
- Do you have tips on food safety after a flood?