Ask a Question
Notify Me On Question Update
Email this Question
What is the nutritional value of pickled vegetables and how much vit C etc is saved?
Rate This FAQ
Pickled vegetables will lose the same amount of Vitamin C as canned bottled fruits and vegetables. Vitamin C is destroyed by heat. Riboflavin is destroyed by light. So, fresh is best. Fat soluble vitamins are not destroyed with the cooking and light. So, there is no answer for every food. If you have fresh fruit available, it is the best. Frozen and canned fruits make them available all year long and should not be discounted.
Submit Your Suggestion
Other Questions In This Topic
- How safe are home canned quick breads?
- Can you substitute cooking oil for shortening/lard in a cake recipe in equal parts?
- I just prepared chicken and spilled juices on the counter, how do I sanitize the countertop?
- Do habanero peppers ripen on the vine?
- Can a Person safely eat the head of any venomous snake? If not, why?
- How long can I keep meat, poultry, vegetables, etc. in the freezer?
- Should I worry about pesticides on fruits and vegetables?
- What happens if you make and use a product that had weevils? Will you get sick?