Ask a Question
Notify Me On Question Update
Email this Question
What is the nutritional value of pickled vegetables and how much vit C etc is saved?
Rate This FAQ
Pickled vegetables will lose the same amount of Vitamin C as canned bottled fruits and vegetables. Vitamin C is destroyed by heat. Riboflavin is destroyed by light. So, fresh is best. Fat soluble vitamins are not destroyed with the cooking and light. So, there is no answer for every food. If you have fresh fruit available, it is the best. Frozen and canned fruits make them available all year long and should not be discounted.
Submit Your Suggestion
Other Questions In This Topic
- Do you have tips on food safety after a flood?
- How can I ensure that my drinking water is safe?
- Can you substitute cooking oil for shortening/lard in a cake recipe in equal parts?
- Is it safe to store food in their cans in the refrigerator?
- Do you have tips for safe home canning of tomatoes and salsa?
- Do you have tips on cooking for one?
- Would like to know how many drops in one ounce of water equals how many parts per million? Or quart ect.
- I was eating a pear when I noticed a small white worm about 1/4 of an inch long with a black dot on the end or head of it . Am I going to get sick? I was able to see one but not sure if there were 2 and maybe I ate one. What should I do?