Ask a Question
Notify Me On Question Update
Email this Question
I still have a lot of green tomatoes on the vine but it looks like frost is getting the better of them (the vines, not the fruit yet) the past few nights. I plan on using the tomatoes for Chili Sauce. If I pick the green tomatoes are they going to ripen inside? Is there a better way to get them ripened to use for chili sauce?
Rate This FAQ
Pick your green tomatoes. I like to dip them in a 10% bleach solution (9 parts water + 1 part bleach). Let air dry. Place between layers of newspaper. Check them often. The greener ones take longer to ripen than do the ones that are lighter green. Keep them in your house and they will ripen over a period of time. You may even have some to eat in Decenber!
I hope this information will be of help to you.
Submit Your Suggestion
Other Questions In This Topic
- Do you have nutrient information on fall vegetables?
- I found a spider in my garden among some weeds that matches the description of a black widow except it has three distinct white dots on its back.
- I need info on the care and maintenance of a Christmas Poinsetta. In the past I have lost them and really wish to keep this one alive to add to my current household of plants.
- I am wrapping up my garden for the year. I have been looking at adding horse manure to my garden soil to boost the organic matter in it. This year I added NutriMulch (turkey manure blend) and that worked out well, but was expensive. I'm concerned about the soil quality. I notice that it's pretty hard when in big dry clods. Would I be hurting my garden to add green horse manure now, and tilling it in? I've read a little about deficiencies in the soil because of too much horse manure, so if it's safe or even a good idea to add to a garden, how much is the right amount?
- Is the use of manure safe for the vegetable garden?
- What's eating your raspberries besides you?
- You have some history on the popularity of apples?
- When is the best time for transplanting Mint. I have some that is in a bad location and I need to move it.