Ask a Question
Notify Me On Question Update
Email this Question
I still have a lot of green tomatoes on the vine but it looks like frost is getting the better of them (the vines, not the fruit yet) the past few nights. I plan on using the tomatoes for Chili Sauce. If I pick the green tomatoes are they going to ripen inside? Is there a better way to get them ripened to use for chili sauce?
Rate This FAQ
Pick your green tomatoes. I like to dip them in a 10% bleach solution (9 parts water + 1 part bleach). Let air dry. Place between layers of newspaper. Check them often. The greener ones take longer to ripen than do the ones that are lighter green. Keep them in your house and they will ripen over a period of time. You may even have some to eat in Decenber!
I hope this information will be of help to you.
Submit Your Suggestion
Other Questions In This Topic
- I am looking for information on when pumkins are ripe.
- How can I protect my raspberries from insect pests?
- I want to find out about the master gardener program, my computer wont let me link, can you give me more info or a different link address or something. I want to know sign up date class times, location, cost and if aid is available. Thanks so much for your help.
- Do you have tips for growing water lilies?
- What are some good strawberry varieties to grow in our area? I would like both june-bearing and ever-bearing
- I have just discovered an ant colony in my outdoor herb pot. I noticed soil build up around a couple of the herbs, thyme and rosemary and also soil build up around the drain holes. This pot is 20 inches across and 15 inches deep. How can I get rid of the ants without damaging the herbs or poisoning my family? Thank you.
- When do I pick my watermelon?
- How can I stay on top of yard and garden problems?