Ask a Question
Notify Me On Question Update
Email this Question
I sodded my back yard 3 years ago with RTF. It has not held up well, especially in the higher traffic areas where it is completely dead. Any suggestions?
Rate This FAQ
I'm assuming that by RTF you mean rhizomatous tall fescue? In any case, I would have expected a tall fescue turf to hold up fairly well. It can be quite traffic tolerant. Before giving up on it completely, I would make sure that your irrigation and fertilization schedules are adequate. I'm attaching a bulletin with additional information on that. For the areas that are a problem, I would recommend overseeding with Kentucky bluegrass. It will blend in well and should help with traffic tolerance.
Submit Your Suggestion
Other Questions In This Topic
- I made the mistake of fertilizing my newly planted trees. I had heard that the salty, clay soil I have needs iron useable for the trees. I used chelated. Anyway two of the trees, a candian red cherry and a zelkova tree have dry crispy leaves on the north side of the tree. We have had very hot, windy weather. I have two other canadian cherries that look fine.
- I live in South Jordan. 4 1/2 years ago I started watering my yard with gray water (irrigation) due to the cost of water. Since that time I have lost 6 red twig dogwoods, 7 blue arctic willows,3 spireas, a pine tree and a Japanese maple. Everything else does not look good (other trees, bushes and perennials). In the spring it all starts out green but by June everything has brown edges on yellowing leaves and the trees have several dead branches. Could the gray water be the culprit? Everything was at least 6 years old, lush, and healthy until I changed my water. I am afraid I will lose everything else this summer if I don't find a cure for this. I could you use some answers. Thank you.
- Is There Any Way To Eliminate Borers That Leave What Looks Like Sawdust At The Base Of Our Aspen Trees?
- why wont my lawnmower engine run without a blade on it how do i make run
- There are brown spots in my lawn every summer, some are round and others are ribbon shaped. What can I do to prevent this problem?
- What's killing Spruce and Pine trees in Utah?
- I bought an azaleas from costco. How do I take care of it?
- I live at an elevation of 6000ft. I am West of Cedar City in the mountains. I would like to know, what is the best low water and high traffic grass I should plant. I would like the type of grass that will stay green as early and as long as possible as well. Thank You Also, any good shade varieties?