Ask a Question
Notify Me On Question Update
Email this Question
I have heard that black walnut sawdust should not be used in composting. People have told me it is poisonous to other plants. Is that true. I have several bushels of sawdust and would hate to send it to the land fill, but don't want to poison my garden either.
Rate This FAQ
Here is a good publication on black walnuts and how they affect surrounding horticultural plants. If you have more questions, please feel free to contact me.
Submit Your Suggestion
Other Questions In This Topic
- How do I get rid of squash bug?
- How do I prune my raspberries?
- My garden is infested with what I believe are burrowing wolf spiders. I know that they are not dangerous, but there are a LOT of them and they scare me and keep me from getting my gardening done. Is there a safe way to get rid of them?
- Do you have information on water-wise annuals?
- Is the use of manure safe for the vegetable garden?
- When can I cut back my tulips and other spring bulbs?
- Tomato tutorial
- Where can I find a vegetable garden planting schedule guide for the Salt Lake Valley area?