Ask a Question
Notify Me On Question Update
Email this Question
what is the best way to clean whole wheat? I am living in Korea and have purchased some wheat that appears to need cleaning, but I don't know how to do it/
Rate This FAQ
Grains are usually "cleaned" by differential screening. Grains are passed through different screen sizes. Large contaminates are held out in the upper screens and smaller particles fall through most screens. Usually one screen will hold all of the grains.
In the absence of screens, hand sorting is used. It's tedious. Blown air may be used to blow out smaller particles. You may recall seeing wheat being tossed into the wind. Small particles float off and the grains fall directly down.
Sorry, I do not have any easy suggestions.
Submit Your Suggestion
Other Questions In This Topic
- I heard products with hydrogenated fats are bad for you. What are hydrogenated fats and can I eat them?
- Do you have tips to help prevent dehydration?
- I live in Provo Canyon and want a peach tree that grows big, wonderful, juicy, beautiful peaches (not so much for canning but for deserts). Do you have a recommendation?
- How safe are home canned quick breads?
- Is tomato soup and tomato sauce safe to eat if they squirt out of the can when they are opened?
- Do habanero peppers ripen on the vine?
- Should I worry about pesticides on fruits and vegetables?
- How safe are herbal medicines?