Ask a Question
Notify Me On Question Update
Email this Question
what is the best way to clean whole wheat? I am living in Korea and have purchased some wheat that appears to need cleaning, but I don't know how to do it/
Rate This FAQ
Grains are usually "cleaned" by differential screening. Grains are passed through different screen sizes. Large contaminates are held out in the upper screens and smaller particles fall through most screens. Usually one screen will hold all of the grains.
In the absence of screens, hand sorting is used. It's tedious. Blown air may be used to blow out smaller particles. You may recall seeing wheat being tossed into the wind. Small particles float off and the grains fall directly down.
Sorry, I do not have any easy suggestions.
Submit Your Suggestion
Other Questions In This Topic
- Can I use a wood cutting board?
- I have a recipe for chili sauce that has tomatoes, onion, sugar, and spices. After it has cooked down, I just put it in hot jars and put the canning lids on. Is that okay, or do I need to process in a boiling water bath?
- I just prepared chicken and spilled juices on the counter, how do I sanitize the countertop?
- Is tomato soup and tomato sauce safe to eat if they squirt out of the can when they are opened?
- Would you answer some questions about food irradation?
- How do you read the code on canned goods to determine the expiration date?
- How many Tablespoons in a cup, quarts in a peck, etc.?
- Do you have recipes for cooking pumpkin?