Ask a Question
Notify Me On Question Update
Email this Question
what is the best way to clean whole wheat? I am living in Korea and have purchased some wheat that appears to need cleaning, but I don't know how to do it/
Rate This FAQ
Grains are usually "cleaned" by differential screening. Grains are passed through different screen sizes. Large contaminates are held out in the upper screens and smaller particles fall through most screens. Usually one screen will hold all of the grains.
In the absence of screens, hand sorting is used. It's tedious. Blown air may be used to blow out smaller particles. You may recall seeing wheat being tossed into the wind. Small particles float off and the grains fall directly down.
Sorry, I do not have any easy suggestions.
Submit Your Suggestion
Other Questions In This Topic
- How can I make sure my eggs are safe?
- Is it safe to defrost meat on the counter?
- The power went out, is the food in my refrigerator/freezer still o.k. to eat?
- What can you tell me about the new dietary guidelines?
- Do I need to use soap and water to clean fresh fruits and vegetables?
- What is being done to promote healthy eating in schools?
- Do you have suggestions for nutritious brown bag lunches?
- Would like to know how many drops in one ounce of water equals how many parts per million? Or quart ect.