Ask a Question
Notify Me On Question Update
Email this Question
what is the best way to clean whole wheat? I am living in Korea and have purchased some wheat that appears to need cleaning, but I don't know how to do it/
Rate This FAQ
Grains are usually "cleaned" by differential screening. Grains are passed through different screen sizes. Large contaminates are held out in the upper screens and smaller particles fall through most screens. Usually one screen will hold all of the grains.
In the absence of screens, hand sorting is used. It's tedious. Blown air may be used to blow out smaller particles. You may recall seeing wheat being tossed into the wind. Small particles float off and the grains fall directly down.
Sorry, I do not have any easy suggestions.
Submit Your Suggestion
Other Questions In This Topic
- What's round and orange, has a wicked smile and great health benefits?
- How many tomatoes, potatoes, etc. in a pound?
- Can I have my pumpkin and eat it too?
- How do you read the code on canned goods to determine the expiration date?
- Do you have a safe tomato salsa recipe that incorporates green peppers?
- Do you have tips on cooking for one?
- How can I ensure that my drinking water is safe?
- How can I eat healthier at fast food restaurants?