Ask a Question
Notify Me On Question Update
Email this Question
what is the best way to clean whole wheat? I am living in Korea and have purchased some wheat that appears to need cleaning, but I don't know how to do it/
Rate This FAQ
Grains are usually "cleaned" by differential screening. Grains are passed through different screen sizes. Large contaminates are held out in the upper screens and smaller particles fall through most screens. Usually one screen will hold all of the grains.
In the absence of screens, hand sorting is used. It's tedious. Blown air may be used to blow out smaller particles. You may recall seeing wheat being tossed into the wind. Small particles float off and the grains fall directly down.
Sorry, I do not have any easy suggestions.
Submit Your Suggestion
Other Questions In This Topic
- How can I encourage nutritious eating habits in my preschooler?
- Will you please send me a recipe for pesto?
- What is the nutritional value of pickled vegetables and how much vit C etc is saved?
- How many tomatoes, potatoes, etc. in a pound?
- How do I keep my family from getting sick from food poisoning?
- Do you have tips for safe home canning of tomatoes and salsa?
- As I've grown older I've lost my appetite, can I get it back?
- Would like to know how many drops in one ounce of water equals how many parts per million? Or quart ect.