Ask a Question
Notify Me On Question Update
Email this Question
what is the best way to clean whole wheat? I am living in Korea and have purchased some wheat that appears to need cleaning, but I don't know how to do it/
Rate This FAQ
Grains are usually "cleaned" by differential screening. Grains are passed through different screen sizes. Large contaminates are held out in the upper screens and smaller particles fall through most screens. Usually one screen will hold all of the grains.
In the absence of screens, hand sorting is used. It's tedious. Blown air may be used to blow out smaller particles. You may recall seeing wheat being tossed into the wind. Small particles float off and the grains fall directly down.
Sorry, I do not have any easy suggestions.
Submit Your Suggestion
Other Questions In This Topic
- How do I keep my family from getting sick from food poisoning?
- How long can I keep meat, poultry, vegetables, etc. in the freezer?
- Are steam canners safe to use?
- What is the nutritional value of pickled vegetables and how much vit C etc is saved?
- I am making candy and it isn't working. I heard you need to make an altitude adjustment to your thermometer, how do I do that?
- I have uncooked steak that's been in the fridge for about 1 week. Is it safe to cook & eat it now?
- Is tomato soup and tomato sauce safe to eat if they squirt out of the can when they are opened?
- The power went out, is the food in my refrigerator/freezer still o.k. to eat?