Ask a Question
Notify Me On Question Update
Email this Question
what is the best way to clean whole wheat? I am living in Korea and have purchased some wheat that appears to need cleaning, but I don't know how to do it/
Rate This FAQ
Grains are usually "cleaned" by differential screening. Grains are passed through different screen sizes. Large contaminates are held out in the upper screens and smaller particles fall through most screens. Usually one screen will hold all of the grains.
In the absence of screens, hand sorting is used. It's tedious. Blown air may be used to blow out smaller particles. You may recall seeing wheat being tossed into the wind. Small particles float off and the grains fall directly down.
Sorry, I do not have any easy suggestions.
Submit Your Suggestion
Other Questions In This Topic
- How long can I keep meat, poultry, vegetables, etc. in the freezer?
- I live in Provo Canyon and want a peach tree that grows big, wonderful, juicy, beautiful peaches (not so much for canning but for deserts). Do you have a recommendation?
- How can I make sure my eggs are safe?
- Do you have tips on how I can use cranberries during the holidays?
- does 1 tablespoon make 2 teaspoons
- I heard products with hydrogenated fats are bad for you. What are hydrogenated fats and can I eat them?
- I have uncooked steak that's been in the fridge for about 1 week. Is it safe to cook & eat it now?
- Can a Person safely eat the head of any venomous snake? If not, why?