Ask a Question
Notify Me On Question Update
Email this Question
what is the best way to clean whole wheat? I am living in Korea and have purchased some wheat that appears to need cleaning, but I don't know how to do it/
Rate This FAQ
Grains are usually "cleaned" by differential screening. Grains are passed through different screen sizes. Large contaminates are held out in the upper screens and smaller particles fall through most screens. Usually one screen will hold all of the grains.
In the absence of screens, hand sorting is used. It's tedious. Blown air may be used to blow out smaller particles. You may recall seeing wheat being tossed into the wind. Small particles float off and the grains fall directly down.
Sorry, I do not have any easy suggestions.
Submit Your Suggestion
Other Questions In This Topic
- Do you have a safe tomato salsa recipe that incorporates green peppers?
- I just prepared chicken and spilled juices on the counter, how do I sanitize the countertop?
- Do you have tips on safe food handling techniques?
- Do habanero peppers ripen on the vine?
- Do you have suggestions for nutritious brown bag lunches?
- As I've grown older I've lost my appetite, can I get it back?
- Should I worry about pesticides on fruits and vegetables?
- I was eating a pear when I noticed a small white worm about 1/4 of an inch long with a black dot on the end or head of it . Am I going to get sick? I was able to see one but not sure if there were 2 and maybe I ate one. What should I do?