Ask a Question
Notify Me On Question Update
Email this Question
what is the best way to clean whole wheat? I am living in Korea and have purchased some wheat that appears to need cleaning, but I don't know how to do it/
Rate This FAQ
Grains are usually "cleaned" by differential screening. Grains are passed through different screen sizes. Large contaminates are held out in the upper screens and smaller particles fall through most screens. Usually one screen will hold all of the grains.
In the absence of screens, hand sorting is used. It's tedious. Blown air may be used to blow out smaller particles. You may recall seeing wheat being tossed into the wind. Small particles float off and the grains fall directly down.
Sorry, I do not have any easy suggestions.
Submit Your Suggestion
Other Questions In This Topic
- I heard products with hydrogenated fats are bad for you. What are hydrogenated fats and can I eat them?
- I want to cover and leave carrots in the ground during the winter. How do I keep mice out of them?
- How long can I keep leftovers in the refrigerator?
- Do you have tips for high altitude baking?
- Do you have tips on food safety after a flood?
- When the calories are listed on a food product, is that "as is" being unprepared or is that prepared? For example, bacon might list a 2 slice portion at 100 calories?
- Are the berries on a Lodense Privet poisonous?
- Do you have recipes for cooking pumpkin?