Ask a Question
Notify Me On Question Update
Email this Question
what is the best way to clean whole wheat? I am living in Korea and have purchased some wheat that appears to need cleaning, but I don't know how to do it/
Rate This FAQ
Grains are usually "cleaned" by differential screening. Grains are passed through different screen sizes. Large contaminates are held out in the upper screens and smaller particles fall through most screens. Usually one screen will hold all of the grains.
In the absence of screens, hand sorting is used. It's tedious. Blown air may be used to blow out smaller particles. You may recall seeing wheat being tossed into the wind. Small particles float off and the grains fall directly down.
Sorry, I do not have any easy suggestions.
Submit Your Suggestion
Other Questions In This Topic
- What's round and orange, has a wicked smile and great health benefits?
- Do you have tips for dealing with lactose intolerance?
- How many Tablespoons in a cup, quarts in a peck, etc.?
- Do you have tips on food safety after a flood?
- I baked a German Chocolate cake yesterday that after baking and cooling slightly, you poke holes and put sweetened condensed milk in the holes, then you put a jar of butterscotch caramel topping on. I forgot to put it in the refrigerator before going to bed. Is is okay to eat? It doesn't have the Cool Whip on top yet.
- Do you have tips for safe home canning of tomatoes and salsa?
- The nectarines on my tree are not round and smooth; they are lumpy. Is there something I need to do for the tree?
- How can I encourage nutritious eating habits in my preschooler?