Ask a Question
Notify Me On Question Update
Email this Question
what is the best way to clean whole wheat? I am living in Korea and have purchased some wheat that appears to need cleaning, but I don't know how to do it/
Rate This FAQ
Grains are usually "cleaned" by differential screening. Grains are passed through different screen sizes. Large contaminates are held out in the upper screens and smaller particles fall through most screens. Usually one screen will hold all of the grains.
In the absence of screens, hand sorting is used. It's tedious. Blown air may be used to blow out smaller particles. You may recall seeing wheat being tossed into the wind. Small particles float off and the grains fall directly down.
Sorry, I do not have any easy suggestions.
Submit Your Suggestion
Other Questions In This Topic
- How safe are home canned quick breads?
- I left a pot of soup out after dinner last night; I went to bed and forgot about it. Is it safe to eat if I boil the soup really hard for a long time?
- I was wondering how long to cook a 15 lb beef roast in the oven & at what temperature. Do I need to add water? Cover with foil? Any ideas would be greatly appreciated.
- Will you please send me a recipe for pesto?
- As I've grown older I've lost my appetite, can I get it back?
- My turkey brining recipe calls for 4 juniper berries crushed in the brine. Can I use the berries from my yard shrubs for this purpose?
- Does anyone have any idea what a size #2-1/2 can is? I have an old recipe that calls for this size and I am lost! Thanks for your help.
- Do you have recipes for cooking pumpkin?