Ask a Question
Notify Me On Question Update
Email this Question
I know that I should add lemon juice to bottled tomatoes and tomato juice, but my husband hates sour stuff. Is there an alternative that isn't sour? Is there a recipe for 'V8' that is more palatable?
Rate This FAQ
The sourness can be offset using a little sugar. If you do not the flavor of vinegar, lemon juice can be substituted in equal amounts. However, the reverse is not true --vinegar cannot be substituted for lemon juice when lemon juice is indicated in the recipe.
Here is plain tomato juice: http://www.uga.edu/nchfp/how
Here is the tomato vegetable juice blend: http://www.uga.edu/nchfp/how
Without knowing the reasons you feel that the tomato-vegetable juice is not palatable, I cannot offer suggestions to help make it better. If its sour, add a little sugar. If one or more vegetables are disagreeable, use others as mentioned above. You may be consuming it beyond its shelf life. Most tomato products are good for one year and start to lose quality over the next year. After two years they will definitely taste off. If you are drinking it for health reasons and don’t like the flavor at all, there is little I can do to help.
Submit Your Suggestion
Other Questions In This Topic
- I am trying to use flour that has been stores for about 30 years. It looks ok and tastes like flour but I have baked two loaves and they will not raise. they taste ok but how nutritional would they be?
- I have tried pressure canning chicken 4 times now. I've done 2 batches cooked chicken and 2 batches raw chicken. All 4 times most of the water cooked out of the jars. Is this supposed to happen and is the chicken safe for us to eat?
- How much food should I store?
- How do I keep insects out of stored grain?
- Can I store wheat, sugar, flour or other products purchased in 25 pound bags in a rubbermaid container? I am looking for space efficient ways to store bulk grains and legumes.
- When canning dry beans is it necessary to rehydrate by soaking them before you can them?
- Can I use bay leaves or nails in my wheat to protect from insects?
- Can powdered milk have a problem with mold?