Ask a Question
Notify Me On Question Update
Email this Question
I have a 25-foot tall scrub oak that appears to be dying. If it is anthracnose that is killing it, can it be saved? There are some commercial, injectable products that claim success. Is it possible?
Rate This FAQ
Typically, anthracnose will not kill scrub oak. It does make them look less attractive, though. Because it is a fungal disease, cultural controls may help lessen the disease incidence to the point it is almost unnoticeable.
Good cultural control strategies are to: rake up leaves every fall and dispose of them. Prune the trees to open the canopy and allow more light and air to penetrate the tree. Prevent irrigation overspray onto the tree foliage.
USU Extension offers a good publication about Gambel Oak Care at this
Submit Your Suggestion
Other Questions In This Topic
- How can I conserve water and still have a nice lawn?
- Do you have tips on managing grasshoppers in my yard?
- I have about an acre of commercial property that I want to control all vegetation. Is there a good ground sterilizer on the market? Where can I purchase it?
- when should i apply a preemregent to control the weed oxalis that is in my lawn? can you reccomend a particular product?
- We have clover infesting our grass. Each clover plant has these pod-like objects, that when picked or brushed up against causes white larva-like and red seeds to hop or pop off. The red seeds stick to skin and clothing and is irritating to the skin. The clovers also have little yellow flowers that sprout. How do we get rid of these clovers so we might play and use our lawn again. How do you keep them from coming back?
- Why are the needles on my spruce tree turning brown and dropping?
- I wanted to find a herbiside for "Puncturevine" and/or "Tribulus Terrestris"...but found no place on your website to look for specific weed(s) and/or the best method to control and eliminiate them. Can you provide me with assistance on this issue?
- I have an infestation of red ants in my retaining wall area where I also have plants. What is the best way to get rid of the red ants so I can weed etc. in that area?