Ask a Question
Notify Me On Question Update
Email this Question
I have a 25-foot tall scrub oak that appears to be dying. If it is anthracnose that is killing it, can it be saved? There are some commercial, injectable products that claim success. Is it possible?
Rate This FAQ
Typically, anthracnose will not kill scrub oak. It does make them look less attractive, though. Because it is a fungal disease, cultural controls may help lessen the disease incidence to the point it is almost unnoticeable.
Good cultural control strategies are to: rake up leaves every fall and dispose of them. Prune the trees to open the canopy and allow more light and air to penetrate the tree. Prevent irrigation overspray onto the tree foliage.
USU Extension offers a good publication about Gambel Oak Care at this
Submit Your Suggestion
Other Questions In This Topic
- We have solanum dulcamara, creeping nightshade, growing in our back yard. I could use some advice in how to get rid of it. Also, how dangerous is the plant to touch? Is the plant dangerous only when ingested?
- What's killing Spruce and Pine trees in Utah?
- I purchased a white and pink dog wood from the nursery at Lowe's. We planted it according to directions about two weeks ago and I don't see any new growth on it at all yet. I broke off a few small twigs and it is still green. They are only about 4 feet high and were in pots when purchased. There were no leaves on them only bare branches. How long does it take to see if they are growing properly since they are guaranteed if they die. Thank you
- My roses and boxelder trees have sticky (sap) leaves, what is causing this problem?
- Do you have some pruning tips for ornamental and shade trees?
- I live at an elevation of 6000ft. I am West of Cedar City in the mountains. I would like to know, what is the best low water and high traffic grass I should plant. I would like the type of grass that will stay green as early and as long as possible as well. Thank You Also, any good shade varieties?
- How do I get rid of wild morning glory?
- What is killing all the scrub oak and where can I find information on how to save the scrub oak I have that has not been affected by it yet?