Ask a Question
Notify Me On Question Update
Email this Question
We recently replaced our driveway and it now within a foot of two 10 year old Linden trees. Are the trees too close to the driveway? Will the root system eventually break up the concrete?
Rate This FAQ
Regarding your question on your driveway situation, it is very possible that the 10 year old Linden trees one foot from the newly poured cement could buckle your driveway. The Linden trees are considered large shade trees which with some time can grow to 40 – 50’ tall and 30 -40’ wide. I have seen Linden planted in 4’ park strips that have buckled the sidewalk because of the root expansion as the trees grow.
Submit Your Suggestion
Other Questions In This Topic
- We have five acreas in Cedar City and would like to plant some nut trees. Can you suggest some types/varieties that would do well here? Would any work or only some?
- When is the proper time to apply dormant spray? And If I use dormant spray do I still need to spray later in the season. I have apples, pears, peaches, apricots. Also will dormant spray help with the Japanese beetle?
- I have been spraying Captan on my fruit trees for several years. This year I discovered at IFA that Captan is no longer allowed, so I purchased malathion (57%). Is there any problem spraying the malathion over the Captan? It has been three weeks since the last spray of Captan. I'd like to spray tomorrow (7/30), so it would be helpful to know as soon as possible.
- Can you plant ONE apple tree and get fruit? Everyone says you have to plant two different varieties, but I only have room for one tree.
- I'm trying to identify the variety of peach my father has growing in his yard. It had a medium-sized fruit which ripened the first part of September, had exceptionally sweet yellow flesh, was a freestone variety with a red center around the pit. Can you help me?
- What is the best way to tell when a d'Anjou pear is ready to harvest?
- I have some young apple trees that have sprouts coming up around trunk, i'm told to cut these off and other low branches and stick in soil and roots will develop to plant. Will this work? Am I supposed to cut at angle and put in soil as I'm being told?
- Do I have borers in my peach trees?