Ask a Question
Notify Me On Question Update
Email this Question
We recently replaced our driveway and it now within a foot of two 10 year old Linden trees. Are the trees too close to the driveway? Will the root system eventually break up the concrete?
Rate This FAQ
Regarding your question on your driveway situation, it is very possible that the 10 year old Linden trees one foot from the newly poured cement could buckle your driveway. The Linden trees are considered large shade trees which with some time can grow to 40 – 50’ tall and 30 -40’ wide. I have seen Linden planted in 4’ park strips that have buckled the sidewalk because of the root expansion as the trees grow.
Submit Your Suggestion
Other Questions In This Topic
- Is there a variety of Nectarine which will grow well here in northern Utah? Can I grow just one tree? Is it okay to grow it near a peach tree or will they cross-pollinate and cause problems? Do they have the same risk of disease as peaches do?
- I'm trying to identify the variety of peach my father has growing in his yard. It had a medium-sized fruit which ripened the first part of September, had exceptionally sweet yellow flesh, was a freestone variety with a red center around the pit. Can you help me?
- How do I prune cherry trees?
- Can you please give me an idea of when I need to spray my fruit trees (I have one each of nectarine, peach, apricot, apple and cherry).Can you let me know when, based on the weather in Cache county? What is the name of the best spray to use?
- Where do cherry trees grow in Utah?
- Our family has a huge peach orchard and this year we have been having the pit of the peach split in half when you open it and it looks like another "seed" is trying to grow in the middle of it. What is causing this and how do you fix it?
- Why is the timing of dormant spray important?
- I have been spraying Captan on my fruit trees for several years. This year I discovered at IFA that Captan is no longer allowed, so I purchased malathion (57%). Is there any problem spraying the malathion over the Captan? It has been three weeks since the last spray of Captan. I'd like to spray tomorrow (7/30), so it would be helpful to know as soon as possible.