Ask a Question
Notify Me On Question Update
Email this Question
We recently replaced our driveway and it now within a foot of two 10 year old Linden trees. Are the trees too close to the driveway? Will the root system eventually break up the concrete?
Rate This FAQ
Regarding your question on your driveway situation, it is very possible that the 10 year old Linden trees one foot from the newly poured cement could buckle your driveway. The Linden trees are considered large shade trees which with some time can grow to 40 – 50’ tall and 30 -40’ wide. I have seen Linden planted in 4’ park strips that have buckled the sidewalk because of the root expansion as the trees grow.
Submit Your Suggestion
Other Questions In This Topic
- I have purchased a few acres in summit county at about 9500 feet elevation. The property is in the middle of a meadow, with no natural trees. I would like to plant some evergreen seedlings. Will they grow? I am wondering why the meadow would not already have these types of trees, if they would in fact grow there. Can you recommend the best type of tree for success, or am I better off saving my money? There are evergreens growing all around the meadow a few hundred yards away. Thanks.
- I am wondering if the worms in cherries are safe to eat? They are so small it doesn't really bother me to eat them but I don't want to if they could make me sick or continue to live and grow inside me.
- We bought an apple tree to plant on arbor day,but still haven't got to planting it. I've tried to keep it watered and in the sun, but the poor thing is struggling. The leaves appear to be dying on the ends. Will it still survive if we get it in the ground? Also can it be planted in an area that gets a lot of water? It is a Braeburn tree.
- I have some young apple trees that have sprouts coming up around trunk, i'm told to cut these off and other low branches and stick in soil and roots will develop to plant. Will this work? Am I supposed to cut at angle and put in soil as I'm being told?
- How do I keep the little white worms out of my cherries?
- Two Questions, is Malathion the best spray to use on apple and pear trees and is there a way I could get a list of professionals who spray fruit trees?
- When can I stop spraying my apple trees for coddling moth for the season?
- How can I keep my pears and apples worm free?