Ask a Question
Notify Me On Question Update
Email this Question
We recently replaced our driveway and it now within a foot of two 10 year old Linden trees. Are the trees too close to the driveway? Will the root system eventually break up the concrete?
Rate This FAQ
Regarding your question on your driveway situation, it is very possible that the 10 year old Linden trees one foot from the newly poured cement could buckle your driveway. The Linden trees are considered large shade trees which with some time can grow to 40 – 50’ tall and 30 -40’ wide. I have seen Linden planted in 4’ park strips that have buckled the sidewalk because of the root expansion as the trees grow.
Submit Your Suggestion
Other Questions In This Topic
- I seem to have terrible luck with cherry trees. I have 2 questions. first, Since they have taken away Diazinon as a root borer killer, how do I manage root borer? Second, I live in the city and have irrigation water going to my yard and garden. How do I water them. I'm afraid one tree, that sits to the back of my garden is getting a lot of water when I flood my tomatoes. Do they not like flooding. How can I protect this tree? How should I water my other cherry trees planted away from my veg garden. I got two montmaurancy trees last year and they both died. I love cherry trees and I need HELP
- Do you have an email list I can subscribe to that informs me when to spray my fruit trees?
- my pear trees leaves are drying up and falling off and now an oily sap is coming from trunk is this normal activity for prefall, if not what is problem?
- I have a grove of plum trees that make a nice addition to the landscape, but too much fruit is a problem. Is there something to treat the tree with so it doesn't produce fruit?
- When is the proper time for me to spray for worms on my Bing Cherry Tree? What do I use?
- I am wondering if the worms in cherries are safe to eat? They are so small it doesn't really bother me to eat them but I don't want to if they could make me sick or continue to live and grow inside me.
- We have five acreas in Cedar City and would like to plant some nut trees. Can you suggest some types/varieties that would do well here? Would any work or only some?
- How do I get rid of codling moth?