Ask a Question
Notify Me On Question Update
Email this Question
We recently replaced our driveway and it now within a foot of two 10 year old Linden trees. Are the trees too close to the driveway? Will the root system eventually break up the concrete?
Rate This FAQ
Regarding your question on your driveway situation, it is very possible that the 10 year old Linden trees one foot from the newly poured cement could buckle your driveway. The Linden trees are considered large shade trees which with some time can grow to 40 – 50’ tall and 30 -40’ wide. I have seen Linden planted in 4’ park strips that have buckled the sidewalk because of the root expansion as the trees grow.
Submit Your Suggestion
Other Questions In This Topic
- Can you tell me the names of some good Apricot and peach trees to grow around here? Also, my space is limited so I just wanted to plant one of each kind of tree. Will they still be able to pollinate?
- I have been spraying Captan on my fruit trees for several years. This year I discovered at IFA that Captan is no longer allowed, so I purchased malathion (57%). Is there any problem spraying the malathion over the Captan? It has been three weeks since the last spray of Captan. I'd like to spray tomorrow (7/30), so it would be helpful to know as soon as possible.
- my pear trees leaves are drying up and falling off and now an oily sap is coming from trunk is this normal activity for prefall, if not what is problem?
- Our family has a huge peach orchard and this year we have been having the pit of the peach split in half when you open it and it looks like another "seed" is trying to grow in the middle of it. What is causing this and how do you fix it?
- How do I prune cherry trees?
- Can you plant ONE apple tree and get fruit? Everyone says you have to plant two different varieties, but I only have room for one tree.
- How can I keep my pears and apples worm free?
- We have five acreas in Cedar City and would like to plant some nut trees. Can you suggest some types/varieties that would do well here? Would any work or only some?