Ask a Question
Notify Me On Question Update
Email this Question
What is killing all the scrub oak and where can I find information on how to save the scrub oak I have that has not been affected by it yet?
Rate This FAQ
We have a fact sheet on Gambel oak (scrub oak) care available at
you can see, there are many insects and diseases that can affect and
even defoliate Gambel oak. Anthracnose might be what you have seen.
Also, in some years late hard frosts cause the new foliage to become
deformed or to die. I have heard of at least one report of that this
year. Either way, they almost certainly releaf and be fine. There is
nothing you need to do.
Submit Your Suggestion
Other Questions In This Topic
- Do you have tips on planting trees and shrubs?
- Is There Any Way To Eliminate Borers That Leave What Looks Like Sawdust At The Base Of Our Aspen Trees?
- We moved two Moab two years ago. My husband wants to grow a nut tree on the southwest side of our house that is just bare dirt and gravel now. We also want a shade tree (no fruits or nuts) in our front yard that faces South/Southeast to give our house shade. I am originally from Utah County and I miss my trees! Is there anything comparable that would grow here in the clay?
- I am looking for a native grass, or a grass that behaves as a native, does not need irrigated once established, does not need mowed, for a hill in a St.George back yard. Cottonwood trees shade the area but it also gets sun. I was going to use Buffalograss seed, but some people at a nursery in St.George said that it is too hot for Buffalograss. Do you have any suggestions?
- I want to make a portion of my yard a 0scape environment. How do I prepare the area so that the grass/weeds to not take over? What tools will I need to make the soil acceptable? What time of year is best to plant new plants for this area?
- I'm getting ready to plant grass in my back yard either this fall or in the spring. I'm wondering if dwarf fescue will grow well here in Springville, or if I would be better off planting bluegrass? I had dewarf fescue in Southern California and really liked it.
- Reveille grass seed. How good is this type of seed for the West Jordan area(Oquirrh shadows area)?
- I bought an azaleas from costco. How do I take care of it?