Ask a Question
Notify Me On Question Update
Email this Question
What is killing all the scrub oak and where can I find information on how to save the scrub oak I have that has not been affected by it yet?
Rate This FAQ
We have a fact sheet on Gambel oak (scrub oak) care available at
you can see, there are many insects and diseases that can affect and
even defoliate Gambel oak. Anthracnose might be what you have seen.
Also, in some years late hard frosts cause the new foliage to become
deformed or to die. I have heard of at least one report of that this
year. Either way, they almost certainly releaf and be fine. There is
nothing you need to do.
Submit Your Suggestion
Other Questions In This Topic
- Why are my older pine and spruce trees dropping their needles?
- What can I do now to prevent weeds in my lawn?
- When is the best time to plant my grass in the spring? And how much fertilizer should I put on if any?
- I have a good number of my lawn customers that have a large amount of burmuda grass coming into their bluegrass lawns. I have use for 3 years a product call turflon ester, A Monterey product, containing Triclopyr at 61.6% at up to double the rate. I have been applying 3 applications per season with a backpack sprayer to spot spray the patches in the bluegrass. I am disappointed in my results. Please reply as to what to do to eradicate this problem as I think that is is very critical. I see it in most of the approx. 70 lawns that I treat. Where is it coming from??
- Do you have tips for safely removing snow from sidewalks and driveways?
- I saw a small, dark green, spruce tree planted next to the corner of a home in a nearby neighborhood. Are their dwarf varieties of this tree? It is not an dwarf Alberta Spuce- I have already verified this. If so, what are they called. I would like to find one for my yard.
- I've noticed lots of caterpillars eating the leaves of my Birch trees--they look like inchworms. I've also seen them in neighbor's trees. Is there an infestation, and what can I do about it?
- I bought an azaleas from costco. How do I take care of it?