Ask a Question
Notify Me On Question Update
Email this Question
I am looking for information on when pumkins are ripe.
Rate This FAQ
For early harvest of winter squash, press your finger nail into the rind and if moisture appears, fruit should remain on the vine. Pick before a hard freeze, leaving 2 – 3 inches of stem attached to the fruit to help prevent rot while in storage. Pumpkins should be harvested in the same manner. After picking, leave fruit in a warm, dry, well-ventilated area for 10 days before placing in storage. Pick summer squash on a regular basis when mature, young and tender.
Submit Your Suggestion
Other Questions In This Topic
- I found a spider in my garden among some weeds that matches the description of a black widow except it has three distinct white dots on its back.
- They sell blueberry bushes at Costco. Can they grow in Utah and if so what kind of soil prep is needed?
- What herbicide/killer do we use to eradicate "salt cedar" & cheat grass??
- I would like to plant vegetables in containers this winter. What can you tell me about indoor gardening?
- This is my first year planting carrots. Should I try to germinate them indoors before planting outside? Also, is it too soon to plant them outside?
- You might be a gardener if...
- I need info on the care and maintenance of a Christmas Poinsetta. In the past I have lost them and really wish to keep this one alive to add to my current household of plants.
- When, how and what do I spray my apple, cherry and peach trees with? I have inherited 7 fruit trees and I have never grown fruit trees before.