Ask a Question
Notify Me On Question Update
Email this Question
I am looking for information on when pumkins are ripe.
Rate This FAQ
For early harvest of winter squash, press your finger nail into the rind and if moisture appears, fruit should remain on the vine. Pick before a hard freeze, leaving 2 – 3 inches of stem attached to the fruit to help prevent rot while in storage. Pumpkins should be harvested in the same manner. After picking, leave fruit in a warm, dry, well-ventilated area for 10 days before placing in storage. Pick summer squash on a regular basis when mature, young and tender.
Submit Your Suggestion
Other Questions In This Topic
- I found a spider in my garden among some weeds that matches the description of a black widow except it has three distinct white dots on its back.
- how many eggplants do you get from one plant.
- when should I spray a cherry tree to get rid of the little white worms. What is the best product to use in controling this problem
- I recently moved here from western Oregon, where they grew wonderful blueberries. Is it possible to grow blueberries here in Utah, Salt Lake County specifically? I've noticed that blueberries are not sold at the farmers' markets, and so far I haven't seen any blueberry bushes being sold in nurseries.
- Should I cut back my perennials for winter? High Country Gardens says to wait until early-mid spring, but that is contrary to what I have been doing. It is true that I suffer some loss each spring.
- A week ago I was given an easter lily with white trumpet flowers. The plant was very dry, so I watered it, and it dose seem healthy. The blossoms are gone. 1) What, where and when is the best time to plant outside? I would like to plant it in a pot with other flowers. 2) The spot is quite shady, gets a little sun, will it be ok? 3) How should I winterize the plant when it gets cold, so I can have it come out nicely next year? 4) Will it multiply, where I can get other plants? or, How can I plant other starts from the plant? 5) Is there literature on growing easter lilys in Utah? 6) Can I expect blossoms again this summer or fall?
- Why are tomatoes turning black (dark) from the bottom up when they begin to ripen. They are also dark on the inside.
- Last year I had a problem in the fall with my tomatoes cracking. I have heard that it is because of uneven watering conditions. I have also been told to plant tomatoes that are less apt to crack. Can you recommend a variety that is less likely to crack? Thanks.