Ask a Question
Notify Me On Question Update
Email this Question
I am looking for information on when pumkins are ripe.
Rate This FAQ
For early harvest of winter squash, press your finger nail into the rind and if moisture appears, fruit should remain on the vine. Pick before a hard freeze, leaving 2 – 3 inches of stem attached to the fruit to help prevent rot while in storage. Pumpkins should be harvested in the same manner. After picking, leave fruit in a warm, dry, well-ventilated area for 10 days before placing in storage. Pick summer squash on a regular basis when mature, young and tender.
Submit Your Suggestion
Other Questions In This Topic
- You might be a gardener if...
- I have just discovered an ant colony in my outdoor herb pot. I noticed soil build up around a couple of the herbs, thyme and rosemary and also soil build up around the drain holes. This pot is 20 inches across and 15 inches deep. How can I get rid of the ants without damaging the herbs or poisoning my family? Thank you.
- My squash plants turned white and wilted this summer. What happened?
- I want to find out about the master gardener program, my computer wont let me link, can you give me more info or a different link address or something. I want to know sign up date class times, location, cost and if aid is available. Thanks so much for your help.
- We have some shrubs in front of our senior center. Some are brown, others are perfectly green, and one is half green and half brown. I've taken three pictures I can e-mail if you want. Could you possibly help me diagnose the problem?
- Do you have information on average last spring freeze dates in Utah?
- How can I store my fresh garden fruits and vegetables?
- I would like to plant red seedless grapes. What time of the year and what variety work in Utah.