Ask a Question
Notify Me On Question Update
Email this Question
I am looking for information on when pumkins are ripe.
Rate This FAQ
For early harvest of winter squash, press your finger nail into the rind and if moisture appears, fruit should remain on the vine. Pick before a hard freeze, leaving 2 – 3 inches of stem attached to the fruit to help prevent rot while in storage. Pumpkins should be harvested in the same manner. After picking, leave fruit in a warm, dry, well-ventilated area for 10 days before placing in storage. Pick summer squash on a regular basis when mature, young and tender.
Submit Your Suggestion
Other Questions In This Topic
- I started my Basil from seed and they were doing great, now something is eating them. The plants outside and inside. One insect looks like a nat the other one has feelers out front and is very small and fast. What should I spray them with? Should I use bark around them?
- How can I store my fresh garden fruits and vegetables?
- A week ago I was given an easter lily with white trumpet flowers. The plant was very dry, so I watered it, and it dose seem healthy. The blossoms are gone. 1) What, where and when is the best time to plant outside? I would like to plant it in a pot with other flowers. 2) The spot is quite shady, gets a little sun, will it be ok? 3) How should I winterize the plant when it gets cold, so I can have it come out nicely next year? 4) Will it multiply, where I can get other plants? or, How can I plant other starts from the plant? 5) Is there literature on growing easter lilys in Utah? 6) Can I expect blossoms again this summer or fall?
- My raspberry bushes are gigantic and are not producing berries. How do I prune them to avoid this? Can they be pruned right now or do I wait for Fall?
- You might be a gardener if...
- I need info on the care and maintenance of a Christmas Poinsetta. In the past I have lost them and really wish to keep this one alive to add to my current household of plants.
- Can I recycle garden waste without composting?
- How can I safely dispose of excess pesticides, including herbicides?