Ask a Question
Notify Me On Question Update
Email this Question
I am actually in Colorado, I am interested in the zone(s) in Eden. I am designing a landscape there and want to plant accordingly. I, also, am interested in a list of noxious plants, I'd like to avoid them. Thank You!
Rate This FAQ
The Ogden Valley is a zone 3.
Our Noxious Weeds are:
Purple loosestrife, Russian Knapweed, Diffuse Knapweed, Spotted Knapweed, Squarrose Knapweed, Yellowstar Thistle, Canada Thistle, Musk Thistle, Scotch Thistle, Perennial Pepper Weed (Tall Whitetop), Hoary Cress,(Whitetop) Dyer's Woad, Quackgrass, Bermudagrass Meduahead, Rye Johnsongrass, Field Bindweed, Leafy spurge.
Submit Your Suggestion
Other Questions In This Topic
- We have a lot of scrub oak around our home. In some spots we have some ground cover and other area are bare. We would like to add a nice ground cover to mix in with the oak in these bare areas. Do you have suggestions for ground cover? Also, in one particular area, we have a large amount of grass growing in the ground cover surrounding the scrub oak. What is the best way to get rid of this grass? Is there a ground cover that can overtake the grass?
- What should I do to prepare my lawn for winter?
- I have grass growing in my myrtle(I know it has another name but I can't think of it) and I would like to get out of there. How can I do that without killing the ground cover that I have?
- I live in South Jordan. 4 1/2 years ago I started watering my yard with gray water (irrigation) due to the cost of water. Since that time I have lost 6 red twig dogwoods, 7 blue arctic willows,3 spireas, a pine tree and a Japanese maple. Everything else does not look good (other trees, bushes and perennials). In the spring it all starts out green but by June everything has brown edges on yellowing leaves and the trees have several dead branches. Could the gray water be the culprit? Everything was at least 6 years old, lush, and healthy until I changed my water. I am afraid I will lose everything else this summer if I don't find a cure for this. I could you use some answers. Thank you.
- How do I keep stray animals out of my yard?
- Will hydrangias and dogwood trees grow in South Jordan?
- Do you have tips for edging my lawn?
- Yesterday I applied "Scotts Turf Builder Plus 2 Weed Control" to my lawn. Unfortunately, I had the drop spreader set incorrectly. As a result I later discovered that I had accidently applied 4-5 times as much fertizer as specified on the bag. Will this damage the lawn? Is there anything I can do to prevent damage?