Ask a Question
Notify Me On Question Update
Email this Question
I have many different types of fruit trees in my yard. Yellow Delicious, Gala, Jonathan, Macantosh, Elberta Peaches, Stanley Plums, Danjo Pears, Barlet Pears, Apricots, Bing Cherries, and Elderberries. When is the best time to harvest each of these?
Rate This FAQ
Apples - seeds are brown inside, apples start to drop, some people like to wait closer to frost
peaches - color and they start to soften fall from tree
pears - seeds are brown inside (D'anjo after frost, Bartlett when they turn lighter green)
apricots - color and soften
Cherries dark color
Elderberries - blue and powdery
Submit Your Suggestion
Other Questions In This Topic
- We have a horrible locust infestation, which I can't find any news about - all of the scrub oak are defoliated. Is this common? Will the trees recover- new leaves this year? I have found them on fruit trees and washed them off - are they just passing through? Any other info on them?
- I live out in Magna and I was wondering if it's feasable and/or successful to attempt to grow a plum tree from a seed? When should I start?
- Can you please give me an idea of when I need to spray my fruit trees (I have one each of nectarine, peach, apricot, apple and cherry).Can you let me know when, based on the weather in Cache county? What is the name of the best spray to use?
- How do I keep the little white worms out of my cherries?
- When can I stop spraying my apple trees for coddling moth for the season?
- I have two new flowering pear trees that are being used as breakfast, lunch and dinner. I am not sure what is eating them the leaves have large scallops taken out of them. The lower branches have been affected more than the top ones. Any ideas?
- Can GF-120 be used by home gardeners to control Cherry fruit fly? How should it be applied?
- How do I know when it is time to pick my pear tree?