Ask a Question
Notify Me On Question Update
Email this Question
Do you have a safe tomato salsa recipe that incorporates green peppers?
Rate This FAQ
I have a recipe that I personally researched at the University of Georgia. Unfortunately, they have not yet published it.
Per pint jar: 1 part Roma tomatoes (only Roma were researched) approx 8 oz. by weight (Boil 1 minute, then plunge in cold water to loosen skin. Slip skins off.). Cut into 1/2 inch pieces or smaller.
1 part any combination of onions and peppers (sweet or hot) approx 8 oz. by weight. Dice into 1/4 inch pieces.
Up to 1 tablespoon total of dry spice. We used 1/4 tsp salt and in one batch 1/4 teaspoon cumin.
Heat in a saucepan for 1 minute. Add 1/3 cup lime or lemon juice into a pint jar. Fill with cooked salsa to 1/2 of top. Heat in a boiling water canner for 20 minutes.
Submit Your Suggestion
Other Questions In This Topic
- Are steam canners safe to use?
- What can you tell me about the new dietary guidelines?
- How do I keep my family from getting sick from food poisoning?
- Are Artificial Sweeteners Safe?
- Do you have tips to help prevent dehydration?
- I was wondering how long to cook a 15 lb beef roast in the oven & at what temperature. Do I need to add water? Cover with foil? Any ideas would be greatly appreciated.
- The power went out, is the food in my refrigerator/freezer still o.k. to eat?
- Is it safe to store food in their cans in the refrigerator?