Ask a Question
Notify Me On Question Update
Email this Question
Do you have a safe tomato salsa recipe that incorporates green peppers?
Rate This FAQ
I have a recipe that I personally researched at the University of Georgia. Unfortunately, they have not yet published it.
Per pint jar: 1 part Roma tomatoes (only Roma were researched) approx 8 oz. by weight (Boil 1 minute, then plunge in cold water to loosen skin. Slip skins off.). Cut into 1/2 inch pieces or smaller.
1 part any combination of onions and peppers (sweet or hot) approx 8 oz. by weight. Dice into 1/4 inch pieces.
Up to 1 tablespoon total of dry spice. We used 1/4 tsp salt and in one batch 1/4 teaspoon cumin.
Heat in a saucepan for 1 minute. Add 1/3 cup lime or lemon juice into a pint jar. Fill with cooked salsa to 1/2 of top. Heat in a boiling water canner for 20 minutes.
Submit Your Suggestion
Other Questions In This Topic
- Are steam canners safe to use?
- How can I make sure my eggs are safe?
- How many tomatoes, potatoes, etc. in a pound?
- Do I need to use soap and water to clean fresh fruits and vegetables?
- I have uncooked steak that's been in the fridge for about 1 week. Is it safe to cook & eat it now?
- How can I encourage nutritious eating habits in my preschooler?
- Can you substitute cooking oil for shortening/lard in a cake recipe in equal parts?
- Can I use a wood cutting board?