Ask a Question
Notify Me On Question Update
Email this Question
Do you have a safe tomato salsa recipe that incorporates green peppers?
Rate This FAQ
I have a recipe that I personally researched at the University of Georgia. Unfortunately, they have not yet published it.
Per pint jar: 1 part Roma tomatoes (only Roma were researched) approx 8 oz. by weight (Boil 1 minute, then plunge in cold water to loosen skin. Slip skins off.). Cut into 1/2 inch pieces or smaller.
1 part any combination of onions and peppers (sweet or hot) approx 8 oz. by weight. Dice into 1/4 inch pieces.
Up to 1 tablespoon total of dry spice. We used 1/4 tsp salt and in one batch 1/4 teaspoon cumin.
Heat in a saucepan for 1 minute. Add 1/3 cup lime or lemon juice into a pint jar. Fill with cooked salsa to 1/2 of top. Heat in a boiling water canner for 20 minutes.
Submit Your Suggestion
Other Questions In This Topic
- Do you have tips to help prevent dehydration?
- Are Artificial Sweeteners Safe?
- Does anyone have any idea what a size #2-1/2 can is? I have an old recipe that calls for this size and I am lost! Thanks for your help.
- I have uncooked steak that's been in the fridge for about 1 week. Is it safe to cook & eat it now?
- What happens if you make and use a product that had weevils? Will you get sick?
- Do you have tips on how I can use cranberries during the holidays?
- I was wondering how long to cook a 15 lb beef roast in the oven & at what temperature. Do I need to add water? Cover with foil? Any ideas would be greatly appreciated.
- What's round and orange, has a wicked smile and great health benefits?