Ask a Question
Notify Me On Question Update
Email this Question
I recently moved here from western Oregon, where they grew wonderful blueberries. Is it possible to grow blueberries here in Utah, Salt Lake County specifically? I've noticed that blueberries are not sold at the farmers' markets, and so far I haven't seen any blueberry bushes being sold in nurseries.
Rate This FAQ
Utah's soil is naturally low in organic matter with high pH and a high buffering capacity. Blueberries prefer acid soil with lots of organic matter in it. Because it is so difficult to provide their preferred soil conditions, blueberries are rarely grown here in Utah.
Submit Your Suggestion
Other Questions In This Topic
- I have cucumber plants that I started growing from seeds in march of this year. I replanted about 2 weeks ago into a 20 gallon tub. I put the plant in a back room where the sun comes in alot, it started growing really well then i put the plant out side during the day and bring it in at night. Since then the leaves have started turning brown on the edges and it doesn't look very good. I have a tomato plant also and it is doing just fine, its very green and getting bigger by the minute. Do you have any suggestions for me?
- We moved here recently into a brand new neighborhood and are just now having a landscape Co. come in and lay sprinklers, top soil and sod. We will be planting bushes and trees. Question: Is it a waste of money, time and effort to try to establish perennials at this late date into virgin soil? Or should I wait until spring to do that part of establishing a flower garden?
- How many ears of corn grow on one stalk?
- Our neighborhood has a group that meets once a month and learns about a topic of interest. In March we are planning on learning about gardening. My question is do you have volunteers who would be willing to come out and teach us about the basics of gardening(soil prep., planting times, pest control, etc.)?
- I heard there is an organism in garden soil that can be harmful to pregnant women. Is this true?
- I have a climbing rose that I love and would like to take a cutting and start a new plant. What is the best way to do that?
- Do you have nutrient information on fall vegetables?
- How can I safely dispose of excess pesticides, including herbicides?