Ask a Question
Notify Me On Question Update
Email this Question
Can powdered milk have a problem with mold?
Rate This FAQ
Mold requires some moisture to grow. It only needs a little, such as in bread. If the powdered milk is kept dry in a bag or can, mold will not typically grow. If you are referring to home food storage, it is best to store powdered milk in a sealed #10 can using oxygen absorbers.
Submit Your Suggestion
Other Questions In This Topic
- I would like to find a recipe for canning apple pie filling that is safe for my elevation. I have looked through your web sites to no avail. Please direct me.
- When and where do I go to have my pressure canner checked? How often should it be checked?
- Can I get my pressure cooker tested? When and where? Thanks for a great service! jh
- I know that I should add lemon juice to bottled tomatoes and tomato juice, but my husband hates sour stuff. Is there an alternative that isn't sour? Is there a recipe for 'V8' that is more palatable?
- Where should I put my food storage?
- Is it save to eat weevil?
- I just prepared pesto today containing basil, pine nuts, garlic, italian cheeses, and lemon juice, pretty much in that order from largest quantity to smallest. For how long could I keep this in my freezer before the oil will go rancid or the pesto will otherwise be inedible. Seems to me that I kept some a while back for 6 months, and after eating it I got sick, though this could be coincidental.
- I just inherited a pressure canner. It's pretty well used and I'm a little nervous about using it. I've never done pressure canning before. Is there a place where I can get it checked out for safety, and how do I learn how to use it.