Ask a Question
Notify Me On Question Update
Email this Question
Can powdered milk have a problem with mold?
Rate This FAQ
Mold requires some moisture to grow. It only needs a little, such as in bread. If the powdered milk is kept dry in a bag or can, mold will not typically grow. If you are referring to home food storage, it is best to store powdered milk in a sealed #10 can using oxygen absorbers.
Submit Your Suggestion
Other Questions In This Topic
- How do I keep insects out of stored grain?
- how do I store fruits and vegetables?
- Does my stored food still have any nutritional value?
- Can I get my pressure cooker tested? When and where? Thanks for a great service! jh
- Do I need to treat water before storing it?
- I used the approved recipe for canning apple pie filling, including leaving a 1 inch headspace. However, after taking out the jars I noticed that filling had bubbled up out of the jars during processing. The lids seem sealed, but how can I be sure they are safe? Should I have left a larger headspace than 1 inch???
- How much water should I store?
- I know that I should add lemon juice to bottled tomatoes and tomato juice, but my husband hates sour stuff. Is there an alternative that isn't sour? Is there a recipe for 'V8' that is more palatable?