Ask a Question
Notify Me On Question Update
Email this Question
Can powdered milk have a problem with mold?
Rate This FAQ
Mold requires some moisture to grow. It only needs a little, such as in bread. If the powdered milk is kept dry in a bag or can, mold will not typically grow. If you are referring to home food storage, it is best to store powdered milk in a sealed #10 can using oxygen absorbers.
Submit Your Suggestion
Other Questions In This Topic
- How long can I keep stored foods?
- I am trying to use flour that has been stores for about 30 years. It looks ok and tastes like flour but I have baked two loaves and they will not raise. they taste ok but how nutritional would they be?
- When and where do I go to have my pressure canner checked? How often should it be checked?
- All of the recipes I can find for canning green beans require a pressure canner. Is there a safe way to can green beans using a boiler canner?
- I have a question about my pressure canned sliced peaches. I cold-packed sliced peaches covering them with a light syrup. Following instructions I packed them with 1/2 inch headspace and poured the liquid to 1/2 inch headspace. However, the peaches floated up so that they were not covered by the liquid during processing. I did run a wooden spatula down the sides of the jars and seemed to get all air bubbles out of the jar. I processed in the pressure canner according to instructions at 10 PSI for 10 minutes. When I removed the jars the liquid was boiling and there seemed to be a lot of air bubbles around the fruit. The jars were already sealed when I took them out of the canner after waiting 10 minutes after the pressure seal dropped. The liquid is down considerably - looks to be about 1 1/2 to 2 inches and the peaches are floating. There are air bubbles and air pockets. The seal is fine. Are these peaches safe?
- Can you use canned food such as soups and vegetables past their use by date and if so how far past can you use them. How long does home canned fruits keep their nutional value?
- How long does pectin keep if the box has not been opened?
- What can I store water in?