Ask a Question
Notify Me On Question Update
Email this Question
Can powdered milk have a problem with mold?
Rate This FAQ
Mold requires some moisture to grow. It only needs a little, such as in bread. If the powdered milk is kept dry in a bag or can, mold will not typically grow. If you are referring to home food storage, it is best to store powdered milk in a sealed #10 can using oxygen absorbers.
Submit Your Suggestion
Other Questions In This Topic
- Can you use canned food such as soups and vegetables past their use by date and if so how far past can you use them. How long does home canned fruits keep their nutional value?
- I would like to find a recipe for canning apple pie filling that is safe for my elevation. I have looked through your web sites to no avail. Please direct me.
- What protein content should my stored wheat have?
- how do I store fruits and vegetables?
- Are jars that have air bubbles in them after bottling, safe?
- Is it safe to bottle butter? I went to a class and they said it was "canning butter" yet we didn't process it.
- Do weevil turn into moths? If not where would moths come from in my food storage room? and how do you get rid of them?
- How much water should I store?