Ask a Question
Notify Me On Question Update
Email this Question
What Are Those Large Round Fungus Balls That Appeared In My Lawn Last Summer?
Rate This FAQ
Those large balls are part of a fungus that feeds on decaying material. They will normally not harm the grass, but can be unsightly.
* They are always present in the soil to a certain degree and probably did not come in from the seed. If you worked some organic material into the soil, the fungus may just be breaking it down.
* I know of no good control except to be certain to water deeply and infrequently, giving the soil a chance to dry out between waterings.
* The fungus requires water to survive and thrive and will become less of a problem if the soil is given a chance to dry out between waterings.
Submit Your Suggestion
Other Questions In This Topic
- How can I attract hummingbirds to my yard?
- I have a lumpy yard. I have used a roller to flatten it with litte success I have also aerated and put seed as well and fertalizer down. What else can be done beforeI have to bring in a bobcat and start over?
- How do I prune my roses?
- Do you have tips for safely removing snow from sidewalks and driveways?
- My lawn is really struggling with the heat and drought. Is there a point when it just won't recover?
- How late in the fall season can you lay sod in northern Utah?
- Will hydrangias and dogwood trees grow in South Jordan?
- I sodded my back yard 3 years ago with RTF. It has not held up well, especially in the higher traffic areas where it is completely dead. Any suggestions?