Ask a Question
Notify Me On Question Update
Email this Question
I want to make a portion of my yard a 0scape environment. How do I prepare the area so that the grass/weeds to not take over? What tools will I need to make the soil acceptable? What time of year is best to plant new plants for this area?
Rate This FAQ
Submit Your Suggestion
Other Questions In This Topic
- There are yellow jackets in my yard, how do I control them?
- What herbicide/killer do we use to eradicate "salt cedar" & cheat grass??
- What tasks should I be doing now in my orchard?
- I live in Riverton, and have areas in my lawn that are brown and sparse. I planted the lawn from seed, a Kentucky bluegrass blend I bought from a nursery, at least 10 years ago. It grows well in cooler weather, but by summer it looks dead in patches and is stiff, not soft lawn for the kids to play on. I would like to put down some patch seed, but don't know what kind to use and how is the best way to plant. Do I have to take out the old lawn or can I just sprinkle it on and cover with a little bit of soil. Also, is there any way to control the wide leaf weed that grows throughout my lawn as well as the entire neighborhood?
- I want to replace a sickly globe willow tree in my front, south-facing, sloping lawn. There are underground utility (water, gas, sewer) and irrigation lines running through the area. What trees would work best in this area?
- I need to know what is best for killing vines? I have a fence full and I would like to get rid of them.
- Is There Any Way To Eliminate Borers That Leave What Looks Like Sawdust At The Base Of Our Aspen Trees?
- I have three large Austrian Pine trees that I would like to xeriscape under. Do you have suggestions for low-water use plants that will grow in mostly shady conditions under pine trees?