Ask a Question
Notify Me On Question Update
Email this Question
I live in rose park and am selecting trees to add to my backyard. I have full sun and dark rich soil. I want a good shade tree but am not sure what would be best. I have been looking at different types of maple trees but am wary about their growth rates. Are there any trees that you could recommend?
Rate This FAQ
There are so many great and lovely trees to choose from, I cannot list them all here. Instead, why not look at the USU Extension publication titled
"Selecting and Planting Landscape Trees." It has all the info you need in a concise table format so you can choose a tree you will be happy with.
Here is a link to a wWb page where you can access that publication:
Submit Your Suggestion
Other Questions In This Topic
- I sodded my back yard 3 years ago with RTF. It has not held up well, especially in the higher traffic areas where it is completely dead. Any suggestions?
- I bought an azaleas from costco. How do I take care of it?
- Do you have tips for naturalizing a landscape with bulbs?
- How do I get rid of wild morning glory?
- I've noticed lots of caterpillars eating the leaves of my Birch trees--they look like inchworms. I've also seen them in neighbor's trees. Is there an infestation, and what can I do about it?
- we would like to plant a cherry tree in our backyard for the fruit and the shade. what would be the proper kind to purchase,we like sweet cherries.
- I am wondering if I have some sort of fungus in my lawn.
- I purchased a white and pink dog wood from the nursery at Lowe's. We planted it according to directions about two weeks ago and I don't see any new growth on it at all yet. I broke off a few small twigs and it is still green. They are only about 4 feet high and were in pots when purchased. There were no leaves on them only bare branches. How long does it take to see if they are growing properly since they are guaranteed if they die. Thank you