Ask a Question
Notify Me On Question Update
Email this Question
I live in rose park and am selecting trees to add to my backyard. I have full sun and dark rich soil. I want a good shade tree but am not sure what would be best. I have been looking at different types of maple trees but am wary about their growth rates. Are there any trees that you could recommend?
Rate This FAQ
There are so many great and lovely trees to choose from, I cannot list them all here. Instead, why not look at the USU Extension publication titled
"Selecting and Planting Landscape Trees." It has all the info you need in a concise table format so you can choose a tree you will be happy with.
Here is a link to a wWb page where you can access that publication:
Submit Your Suggestion
Other Questions In This Topic
- What causes holes in the trunk of my aspen tree?
- Why do maple tree and burning bush leaf edges turn brown in mid-summer?
- I have a stand of scrub oak trees in my front yard with large growths on the trunks and branches on the trees. Do you know what this is and what I can do about them?
- Why are the needles on my spruce tree turning brown and dropping?
- Can you suggest some hardy perennials for my landscape?
- I have 2 cottonless cottonwoods in my back yard. They are both about 7 years old. I noticed this spring that the trees have really grown tall but on the main limbs in the middle of the trees there are no limbs coming from them. I also find little pieces of new branches all over my lawn like they have come off right at the base where they connect to the tree. There are also at those points little scabs of some kind right where the branch has broken off. What is wrong and can I save these trees? I grew this kind of tree because they are fast growing trees and I wanted to enjoy some shade while I was still around to enjoy it. I am so afraid that there is something seriously wrong and those years will be lost. Can you help me with the info I have given you? I would appreciate it so much if you have an idea of what is wrong and what I can do to fix it.
- We live in West Jordan in an area with very clay soil. We would like to plant some low-lying evergreen shrubs in a narrow strip between our RV pad and a short vinyl fence. Do you have any plant recommendations that will work in our soil and don't require a lot of maintenence?
- I have a very large Honey Locust tree on the West side of my house. It is dropping leaves and has a lost more dead branches then the previous years. What problems should I look for and what can I do to save this precious tree?