Ask a Question
Notify Me On Question Update
Email this Question
I live in rose park and am selecting trees to add to my backyard. I have full sun and dark rich soil. I want a good shade tree but am not sure what would be best. I have been looking at different types of maple trees but am wary about their growth rates. Are there any trees that you could recommend?
Rate This FAQ
There are so many great and lovely trees to choose from, I cannot list them all here. Instead, why not look at the USU Extension publication titled
"Selecting and Planting Landscape Trees." It has all the info you need in a concise table format so you can choose a tree you will be happy with.
Here is a link to a wWb page where you can access that publication:
Submit Your Suggestion
Other Questions In This Topic
- I have three large Austrian Pine trees that I would like to xeriscape under. Do you have suggestions for low-water use plants that will grow in mostly shady conditions under pine trees?
- I was surprised when I recently spotted a snake in my yard. Aren't they most active in the fall?
- How can I attract hummingbirds to my yard?
- Do you have tips on firewise landscaping?
- Do you have information on soil testing?
- What herbicide/killer do we use to eradicate "salt cedar" & cheat grass??
- We moved two Moab two years ago. My husband wants to grow a nut tree on the southwest side of our house that is just bare dirt and gravel now. We also want a shade tree (no fruits or nuts) in our front yard that faces South/Southeast to give our house shade. I am originally from Utah County and I miss my trees! Is there anything comparable that would grow here in the clay?
- How do I kill gophers in my lawn?