Ask a Question
Notify Me On Question Update
Email this Question
I recently purchased a home in Sandy and there are chinese elms everywhere. Some of them are growing around gas and water lines. How do I get rid of them? Can I cut them down and poisen the root system? I also have a backyard that is completely overgrown with what I think is an annual bluegrass. I just want to rip all that out and plant seed in the fall. What is the best way to get rid of the annual bluegrass so it dosen't grow back next year? Can I just till it or do I need to do more than that?
Rate This FAQ
Here's a link to USU Extension's "Landscape and Garden Weed Control." In it is the answer to your question:
Submit Your Suggestion
Other Questions In This Topic
- I have Morning glory though out my established lawn, how can I get rid of it?
- I have two questions, can I use weed killer around pine trees with out harming them? What is an effective way to keep cats from using the lawn and the flower beds as a litter box?
- Can Blenheim apricots be grown in Cache Valley? If so, what problems might I expect?
- How to get rid of Goat Head Thorns?
- We have creeping mountain sorrel in our lawn and can't get rid of it. Do you have any recommendations on products that might kill it, or any other ways to get rid of it?
- I have built a terrace at the back of my garden and would like to start a grape arbor as a natural fence between my yard and my neighbor. What grapes would do well and how do I go about starting an arbor? What kind of fencing would I need?
- What night-time temperatures are too cold for "tender plants" such as tomatoes, squashes, annual bedding plants, etc.?
- How many gallons per hour are needed for mature fruit trees? Also how many times a week and how long each time should trees be watered?