Ask a Question
Notify Me On Question Update
Email this Question
My vinca minor has numerous yellow leaves this year. My husband keeps dumping water on it, thinking it needs more since it is yellow and at some instances brown. Are we watering it too much, or is it missing a nutrient that needs to be added? HELP!
Rate This FAQ
Overwatering can sometimes cause yellowing in leaves, and might even cause some root rot that would result in dead leaves. Check the soil moisture before watering again. The top inch of soil should feel dry, and the next couple of inches only slightly moist before adding more water.
Vinca minor performs best in shade. If a tree or other shade-providing structure has been removed, the leaves may be "sunburned" or scorched.
It also prefers soil rich in organic matter. Topdress the area with a fine compost to sustain soil structure and health.
Submit Your Suggestion
Other Questions In This Topic
- I have a curly willow that was topped about four years ago. Now it needs to be trimmed. Can I cut the branches back to where they were cut last?
- We planted a new yard with several pine trees this last Fall - including sub-alpine, a young cedar, douglas fir, and a couple of sequioa .... along with the traditional small conifer bushes. With the recent wind and the sensitivies of the sub-alpines and sequoia I wanted to be sure that I fertilized, etc., a needed (watered them a little today due to strong winds).
- What are the best shade trees to plant in syracuse? Is it true that if they are fast growing they tend to break easily? Is that common or am I worrying to much about that?
- We have a lot of scrub oak around our home. In some spots we have some ground cover and other area are bare. We would like to add a nice ground cover to mix in with the oak in these bare areas. Do you have suggestions for ground cover? Also, in one particular area, we have a large amount of grass growing in the ground cover surrounding the scrub oak. What is the best way to get rid of this grass? Is there a ground cover that can overtake the grass?
- I bought an azaleas from costco. How do I take care of it?
- Do I need to prune my trees this spring?
- How and when can I transplant small, 6-12 inch and medium, 5 ft joshua trees? The latter is more important at this point since it would be a shame to lose it.
- What herbicide/killer do we use to eradicate "salt cedar" & cheat grass??