Ask a Question
Notify Me On Question Update
Email this Question
My vinca minor has numerous yellow leaves this year. My husband keeps dumping water on it, thinking it needs more since it is yellow and at some instances brown. Are we watering it too much, or is it missing a nutrient that needs to be added? HELP!
Rate This FAQ
Overwatering can sometimes cause yellowing in leaves, and might even cause some root rot that would result in dead leaves. Check the soil moisture before watering again. The top inch of soil should feel dry, and the next couple of inches only slightly moist before adding more water.
Vinca minor performs best in shade. If a tree or other shade-providing structure has been removed, the leaves may be "sunburned" or scorched.
It also prefers soil rich in organic matter. Topdress the area with a fine compost to sustain soil structure and health.
Submit Your Suggestion
Other Questions In This Topic
- Reveille grass seed. How good is this type of seed for the West Jordan area(Oquirrh shadows area)?
- We will need to establish some native plants. How much do we have to water Greasewood, Four-wing Saltbush, Rabbitbrush, Green Ephedra, and Spiny Hopsage in #10 containers? We also have two trees, a 5'Utah Juniper and 3' tall Gambel Oaks to water. I understand it best to lightly water for a year and then wean them off in the wet season. Is this correct?
- Why are the needles on my spruce tree turning brown and dropping?
- I have three large Austrian Pine trees that I would like to xeriscape under. Do you have suggestions for low-water use plants that will grow in mostly shady conditions under pine trees?
- I live at an elevation of 6000ft. I am West of Cedar City in the mountains. I would like to know, what is the best low water and high traffic grass I should plant. I would like the type of grass that will stay green as early and as long as possible as well. Thank You Also, any good shade varieties?
- Do you have tips on managing grasshoppers in my yard?
- when should i apply a preemregent to control the weed oxalis that is in my lawn? can you reccomend a particular product?
- We live in Riverton with heavy clay soil. Will gypsum pellets help the soil so water does not run off so much? Can gypsum be applied on top of existing grass? In soil flower beds? In vegetable gardens? Is Utelite better than gypsum? Thank you.