Ask a Question
Notify Me On Question Update
Email this Question
My vinca minor has numerous yellow leaves this year. My husband keeps dumping water on it, thinking it needs more since it is yellow and at some instances brown. Are we watering it too much, or is it missing a nutrient that needs to be added? HELP!
Rate This FAQ
Overwatering can sometimes cause yellowing in leaves, and might even cause some root rot that would result in dead leaves. Check the soil moisture before watering again. The top inch of soil should feel dry, and the next couple of inches only slightly moist before adding more water.
Vinca minor performs best in shade. If a tree or other shade-providing structure has been removed, the leaves may be "sunburned" or scorched.
It also prefers soil rich in organic matter. Topdress the area with a fine compost to sustain soil structure and health.
Submit Your Suggestion
Other Questions In This Topic
- I sodded my back yard 3 years ago with RTF. It has not held up well, especially in the higher traffic areas where it is completely dead. Any suggestions?
- Reveille grass seed. How good is this type of seed for the West Jordan area(Oquirrh shadows area)?
- Does it help to aerate in the spring and fall? Also if there is a lot of dead grass and thatch build up would it be beneficial to power rake in the spring?
- I have a son that lives in west Eagle Mt. We Put in sod for a lawn about two years ago and for two seasons it did great. Half of it is now dead and the other half is struggling. Prior to putting down sod, the ground was thoroughly tilled and lots of compost material was added (the kind that is made available in some green recycling yards and mixed with treated effluent from the sewage treatment plant.) Nitrogen was also added to the soil and the lawn was watered regularly. What has happened and what can I do to get a good lawn here?
- What causes holes in the trunk of my aspen tree?
- I have a lumpy yard. I have used a roller to flatten it with litte success I have also aerated and put seed as well and fertalizer down. What else can be done beforeI have to bring in a bobcat and start over?
- I have an infestation of red ants in my retaining wall area where I also have plants. What is the best way to get rid of the red ants so I can weed etc. in that area?
- How is the best way to kill morning glory weeds in a new lawn?