Ask a Question
Notify Me On Question Update
Email this Question
We have solanum dulcamara, creeping nightshade, growing in our back yard. I could use some advice in how to get rid of it. Also, how dangerous is the plant to touch? Is the plant dangerous only when ingested?
Rate This FAQ
All parts of nightshade are toxic when ingested , but unripe berries are especially poisonous. Touching the plant will not irritate most people.
As specified in the USU Extension publication "Landscape and Garden Weed Control", nightshade can be controlled with herbicides containing isoxaben or oxyfluorfen. (http://extension.usu.edu/files/gardpubs/weedcont.htm)
Submit Your Suggestion
Other Questions In This Topic
- What is killing all the scrub oak and where can I find information on how to save the scrub oak I have that has not been affected by it yet?
- I have a lawn full of spiders. When I go to the flowers beds, probably a 100 spiders run out of the grass and bed. The spiders are about 3/8 of an inch long and dark brown. I would just like to get rid of them. What is the best approach?
- What is West Nile Virus and how can I keep myself safe from it?
- I have large steep slop in my backyard. I would like to plant a ground cover from seed. Is this possible. If so what kind would be best to keep weeds and bay, grow quickly and look appealing? I was wonder if Vinca Major or St johns wart would work? Thanks for your time Milt
- Last year my maple tree started losing leaves. I investigated and found it full of earwigs under the bark. I killed the bugs. The bark is falling off, Can I save my tree? It is over 20 years old.
- Do you have tips for making my yard more colorful this spring?
- What herbicide/killer do we use to eradicate "salt cedar" & cheat grass??
- I am buying a new house in Salt Lake County, and the entire back yard is weeds. I want to put in a garden towards the back and fill in the rest with grass. What is the best way to kill the weeds completely, without killing the new grass and affecting the garden?