Ask a Question
Notify Me On Question Update
Email this Question
I have a climbing rose that I love and would like to take a cutting and start a new plant. What is the best way to do that?
Rate This FAQ
Here is a link to very good information about propagating woody plants, including roses:
Now (early June) that there is some new growth on roses, is a good time of year to take softwood cuttings.
Submit Your Suggestion
Other Questions In This Topic
- Can I grow strawberries in pots? Will they survive winter in pots? Will they produce if they only get afternoon sun? Where can I learn more on this topic?
- A week ago I was given an easter lily with white trumpet flowers. The plant was very dry, so I watered it, and it dose seem healthy. The blossoms are gone. 1) What, where and when is the best time to plant outside? I would like to plant it in a pot with other flowers. 2) The spot is quite shady, gets a little sun, will it be ok? 3) How should I winterize the plant when it gets cold, so I can have it come out nicely next year? 4) Will it multiply, where I can get other plants? or, How can I plant other starts from the plant? 5) Is there literature on growing easter lilys in Utah? 6) Can I expect blossoms again this summer or fall?
- I have just discovered an ant colony in my outdoor herb pot. I noticed soil build up around a couple of the herbs, thyme and rosemary and also soil build up around the drain holes. This pot is 20 inches across and 15 inches deep. How can I get rid of the ants without damaging the herbs or poisoning my family? Thank you.
- I was wondering if you could tell me where to find the planting schedule for Utah. Could you also tell me gardening plants that tend to grow better than others here in Utah? Thank you
- How can I protect my raspberries from insect pests?
- How do I control field bind weed?
- I found a spider in my garden among some weeds that matches the description of a black widow except it has three distinct white dots on its back.
- when should I spray a cherry tree to get rid of the little white worms. What is the best product to use in controling this problem