Ask a Question
Notify Me On Question Update
Email this Question
How often should I use the mulching blade in my mower? Is every time I mow OK?
Rate This FAQ
Mulching blades may be used every time you mow as long as the lawn is not allowed to get too long between mowings. In the spring, when the grass is rapidly growing, you will need to mow more frequently or bag or rake the clippings. When the grass becomes high or you try to cut off too much at one time, the mulch blade cannot do its job. Later in the summer when it is hot and the grass slows down, it is not a problem.
Submit Your Suggestion
Other Questions In This Topic
- Will the Prairie cultivar of Buffalo grass do well in the Grantsville (Tooele County) area? If not, which grass would be best for a new home? My goal is to conserve water and minimize the number of mowings each summer. Also would you recommed Meyer Zoysia grass for this area?
- How do i get rid of morning glory?
- I have been searching for a Globe Maple (globosum) for my landscape. I can't find this tree anywhere and I am quite desperate and would appreciate any help you could give me in locating one.
- Last October we purchased three 7-foot pine trees from a nursery. We planted them successfully in our yard. I just noticed this weekend that some of the branches towards the bottom look like they're dying (turning color, appear to be drying out). Is this normal after winter? Or would it be a sign that the trees haven't received enough water during the winter?
- Do you have tips on early spring lawn and yard care?
- What can you tell me about Turtle Grass--value, strengths, weaknesses, how and where to plant, etc?