Ask a Question
1 to 14 of 14 « ‹ › »
- Is it good to cut the lawn shorter right before winter? I normally cut my lawn quite high, but it seems like I heard that it is good to cut it shorter for winter. Thanks.
- Does it help to aerate in the spring and fall? Also if there is a lot of dead grass and thatch build up would it be beneficial to power rake in the spring?
- How late in the fall season can you lay sod in northern Utah?
- I have a good number of my lawn customers that have a large amount of burmuda grass coming into their bluegrass lawns. I have use for 3 years a product call turflon ester, A Monterey product, containing Triclopyr at 61.6% at up to double the rate. I have been applying 3 applications per season with a backpack sprayer to spot spray the patches in the bluegrass. I am disappointed in my results. Please reply as to what to do to eradicate this problem as I think that is is very critical. I see it in most of the approx. 70 lawns that I treat. Where is it coming from??
- I have a lawn with necrotic ring, it has been treated with f:stop. Question; Future construction will remove much of the sod. Should I treat the soil before I lay new sod.
- I live at an elevation of 6000ft. I am West of Cedar City in the mountains. I would like to know, what is the best low water and high traffic grass I should plant. I would like the type of grass that will stay green as early and as long as possible as well. Thank You Also, any good shade varieties?
- I sodded my back yard 3 years ago with RTF. It has not held up well, especially in the higher traffic areas where it is completely dead. Any suggestions?
- I want to switch my current lawn (bluegrass with some bermudagrass infestation) to a low-water and low-growth grass. I have a front lawn that's in shade most of the day, and the back lawn is mostly in sun. Will dwarf tall fescue work in this situation? Do you have any recommendations for the best DTF variety(s) to use? Also, will the bermudagrass be able to survive on less water and compete with the fescue?
- I'd like to seed my yard with buffalo grass seed. The previous lawn was pulled out this past may, and I have since placed about 2 inches of compost over the area, and it is a full sun area. What are the best practices for seeding the yard and buffalograss establishment? Is this the right time? My soil is old alluvial soil...a fine loam I believe, very dark and rich in organics. ANYTHING you might know about this would be much appreciated.
- I've neglected to do my "last mow" up to this point. We've already had several nights of light frost. My grass is long but I worry about causing even more damage by mowing at this late juncture, mid-November. Are there any risks to mowing grass after the first few frosts?
- Is it healthy for Kentucky Bluegrass to be kept at a cutting height of 2 inches if a reel mower (as opposed to a mower with rotary blades) is used?
- My lawn is really struggling with the heat and drought. Is there a point when it just won't recover?
- What should I do to prepare my lawn for winter?
- When is the best time to plant my grass in the spring? And how much fertilizer should I put on if any?