Ask a Question
- Can you suggest some hardy perennials for my landscape?
- Do I need to prune my trees this spring?
- Do you have information on soil testing?
- Do you have some pruning tips for ornamental and shade trees?
- Do you have tips for edging my lawn?
- Do you have tips for making my yard more colorful this spring?
- Do you have tips for naturalizing a landscape with bulbs?
- Do you have tips for success with African violets?
- Do you have tips on planting trees and shrubs?
- How can I attract hummingbirds to my yard?
- How can I conserve water and still have a nice lawn?
- I have a very large, beautiful Cottonwood tree on my property, that is near the property line with my neighbor. She wants to put in a new fence, because the tree has been pushing up the posts for her old fence. The fencing company has said that they can put in a new fence, but they will have to "shave off" a bit of the tree trunk and possibly some of the root near the surface of the ground. I am worried that something like that could lead to the tree getting sick or dying. I want to keep peace among neighbors, but it would be a disaster and very expensive to lose the tree because of something likethis. Can you please tell me if a Cottonwood tree is hardy enough to withstand such a "shaving" procedure?
- What Are Those Large Round Fungus Balls That Appeared In My Lawn Last Summer?
- What can I do now to prevent weeds in my lawn?
- What is anthracnose?
- What tasks should I be doing now in my orchard?
- When will my flowering shrubs bloom, and when should I prune them and my evergreens?
- Why do lilacs do so well?