Ask a Question
1 to 6 of 6 « ‹ › »
- I have a recipe for chili sauce that has tomatoes, onion, sugar, and spices. After it has cooked down, I just put it in hot jars and put the canning lids on. Is that okay, or do I need to process in a boiling water bath?
- I was wondering how long to cook a 15 lb beef roast in the oven & at what temperature. Do I need to add water? Cover with foil? Any ideas would be greatly appreciated.
- Is tomato soup and tomato sauce safe to eat if they squirt out of the can when they are opened?
- I grew up eating green beans which were pressure-canned at home. When my mother heated them for a meal, she brought them to a boil then removed the lid and let them boil for at least a minute with the lid off. She said this was necessary to be safe. Is it necessary or was that just something passed down from before pressure canning was available?
- When and where do I go to have my pressure canner checked? How often should it be checked?
- When canning dry beans is it necessary to rehydrate by soaking them before you can them?