The Extension system has been publishing safe home food preservation recommendations since 1909. In the nearly 100 years, we have come a long way in making home food preservation exceptionally safe. The U.S.U. Food Safety Extension program is founded on those 100 years of research.
Here is a brief list of the research-based and safe sources of home food preservation recipes and processes.
Home Food Preservation
- National Center for Home Food Preservation. 1000's of pages of research-tested home food preservation directions including the USDA Complete Guide to Canning.
- U.S.U. Extension Food Safety Publications (click the link at left)
- "So Easy to Preserve" University of Georgia publication and DVD videos. (Information).
- For a complete list of research-based and safe sources of food preservation information please see our bulletin.
Home Food Storage
- USU Food Storage (Safety and Nutrition Home Page)
- USU Food Storage Fact Sheets
Safe Meat & Poultry Preparation
- Call the USDA FSIS Hotline 1-888-674-6854
- Email the USDA FSIS Hotline email@example.com