Food Preservation Entry Guidelines
- No freezer jams accepted.
- All jams/jellies, fresh fruit, pickled products, salsa and tomato products must be processed using the boiling water bath method.
- All meat and vegetable products must be processed using the pressure canner method.
- All products must be processed according to Utah altitude adjustment for USDA processing times.
- All products must be canned in standard canning jars - 1/2 pint, 1 pint, or quart jars. All vacuum seals must be intact.
- Label each jar on the bottom with the following information: (should be legibly printed or typed)
a) Name of exhibitor.
b) Name of recipe/source of recipe, i.e. USDA, Kerr, Ball, or pectin brand name.
c) Date canned.
d) Processing method and time - water bath, pressure canner, using correct altitude adjustments for your area.