Ask a Question
Notify Me On Question Update
Email this Question
Can I use laundry water to water plants and lawn instead of just sending it into the sewer?
Rate This FAQ
"Can I use laundry water to water plants and lawn instead of just sending it into the sewer, and if so is there some where I can go to find more information on this?"
We are assuming you live in Utah. If not, you will need to check with your state environmental quality and/or health department. Utah does not currently allow the use of graywater piped directly from the home for irrigating landscapes. Exceptions can be made for certain experimental systems. If you want to pursue this begin by contacting your local health department.
Many other western states do allow the use of graywater and there are few problems. There are some good resources on the web. Take a look at the following sites:
Submit Your Suggestion
Other Questions In This Topic
- If I don't have enough water to fully irrigate all of my crop land should I try to spread the water across all of the acreage, or irrigate fewer acres with closer to full irrigation?
- It is July 6th and I have a dirt yard now. Is it too late to plant a few trees and shrubs and would it be better to hydroseed now or wait until September?
- I would like to replace my dying grass with wildflowers on a sandy, hill on S. mountain. What kind of wildflowers are drought resistant and would they grow well, and where could I buy them?
- What types of grass use the most (or least) amount of water?
- What causes tomato blossom end rot? How do you treat it?
- I have someone with about ¾ of an acre and they want to plant some kind of grass that won't require a lot of water or mowing but is good for children to play on.
- I live in Provo and have two large dogs. They have made my back yard dirt. To fix this, should I sod or hydro seed?
- I want to revamp my lawn area plant more drought tolerant plants. Is there a way I can adjust my sprinklers to work with my new landscape - without digging the system up or hiring a professional?