Ask a Question
Notify Me On Question Update
Email this Question
Where can I find an extensive list of drought tolerant trees, perennials and shrubs?
Rate This FAQ
We are working on a list of low water use plants to add to our website, so keep checking for that!
There is currently a lengthy publication on our Extension website called ‘Water Wise Landscaping' that has a list of plants starting on page 37 (http://web2.ad.ext.usu.edu/drought/htm/publications/publication=5859) as well as a bulletin on ‘Selection and Culture of Landscape Plants in Utah (http://web2.ad.ext.usu.edu/drought/htm/publications/publication=5859). Jordan Valley Water Conservancy District has a website highlighting the drought tolerant plants in their demonstration garden (http://www.jvwcd.org/STF/stf.html). The Salt Lake City Dept of Utilities just came out with a really nice park strip guide with some perennial plant suggestions (http://www.slcgov.com/utilities/conservation/pdf/parkstrip.pdf)
Submit Your Suggestion
Other Questions In This Topic
- I have thinned out my scrub oak as a fire preventative, but I keep getting lots of runners. How do I control the runners?
- Would Zoysia grass be a good alternative to the bluegrass?
- I want to revamp my lawn area plant more drought tolerant plants. Is there a way I can adjust my sprinklers to work with my new landscape - without digging the system up or hiring a professional?
- I would like to replace my dying grass with wildflowers on a sandy, hill on S. mountain. What kind of wildflowers are drought resistant and would they grow well, and where could I buy them?
- I am currently looking to put in a turf grass and I wanted to know which would be the better choice between Buffalograss, Blue grama, crested wheat grass or Sideoats grama grass?
- We live in a rural area and our indoor and outdoor water source is a flowing artesian well. It's only August, and the well is no longer "flowing." What has to happen for the well to start producing water?
- How deep should perennials, annuals, and lawn be watered?
- I am going to Hydroseed this weekend and need to know how much to water so that it germinates correctly.