Ask a Question
Notify Me On Question Update
Email this Question
I am looking to plant Buffalo grass, which type of Buffalo grass would you recommend for Tooele?
Rate This FAQ
There are several varieties of Buffalograss that will do well in Tooele. I would recommend Texoka, Cody, Bison, Sharps Improved, Legacy (vegetative), 609, or Bowie (seed). For your information, there is also one supplier of Legacy Buffalograss sod in the state. That is Lake Mountain Farms in Sandy. There phone number is (801) 562-9090. Good luck!
Submit Your Suggestion
Other Questions In This Topic
- I have noticed quite a few brown areas in lawns in the Salt Lake area, including my own.
- I would like to replace my dying grass with wildflowers on a sandy, hill on S. mountain. What kind of wildflowers are drought resistant and would they grow well, and where could I buy them?
- The governor's initiative says that I shouldn't water between 10AM and 6 PM. Won't I have disease problems if I irrigate at night?
- We live in a rural area and our indoor and outdoor water source is a flowing artesian well. It's only August, and the well is no longer "flowing." What has to happen for the well to start producing water?
- How long should I run my sprinklers to irrigate my lawn properly?
- Can I use laundry water to water plants and lawn instead of just sending it into the sewer?
- I have someone with about ¾ of an acre and they want to plant some kind of grass that won't require a lot of water or mowing but is good for children to play on.
- What is the best way to plant wildflowers?